Subject: [apps-discuss] HTTP Browser Hints

From: Nicholas Shanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:00:29 +0000

Regarding http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-browser-hints-04
I suggest a new property:

Browser Hint Name: no-referer
Description: Tells the client to either not send the Referer header
(true), or use its own discretion (false).
Value Type: true | false
Contact: Nicholas Shanks <[email-masked]>
Specification:
Notes: Usual behaviour when hint is not present is equivalent to a
value of false. Indicates that the server does not use the Referer
header for access control, session tracking, negotiation, or other
activities which may vary responses for any URI in its domain,
including 404 responses, feedback forms, and the like. Implies that
the server is not interested in recording the referring URI for
statistical analysis purposes or client fingerprinting.

-- 
Nicholas.