Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:11:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : XML Media Types
	Author(s)       : Chris Lilley
                          MURATA Makoto
                          Alexey Melnikov
                          Henry S. Thompson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-11-23

Abstract:
   This specification standardizes three media types -- application/xml,
   application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd --
   for use in exchanging network entities that are related to the
   Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining text/xml and text/
   xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the respective application/
   types.  This specification also standardizes a convention (using the
   suffix '+xml') for naming media types outside of these five types
   when those media types represent XML MIME entities.  XML MIME
   entities are currently exchanged via the HyperText Transfer Protocol
   on the World Wide Web, are an integral part of the WebDAV protocol
   for remote web authoring, and are expected to have utility in many
   domains.

   Major differences from [RFC3023] are alignment of charset handling
   for text/xml and text/xml-external-parsed-entity with application/
   xml, the addition of XPointer and XML Base as fragment identifiers
   and base URIs, respectively, mention of the XPointer Registry, and
   updating of many references.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-xml-mediatypes-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/