Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-nw-09

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:56:59 +0100 (CET)

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for 
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see 
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate 
). I considered version 09.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you 
may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD 
before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:   draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-nw-09
Title: RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable Rate Narrowband-Wideband
        Codec
Reviewer:  Claudio Allocchio
Review Date:  Dec 19th 2012
IETF Last Call Date:
IESG Telechat Date: 2012-12-20

Summary:

the draft seems ready for publication and requires IANA registrations. I 
do not see any major problem in the specification.

Major Issues:

none.

Minor Issues:

As just an editorial suggstion, I'd just add an example in 
the text of what we intend when we talk of "narrowband" and "wideband" 
situations. An example with "numbers" in it. E.G. we consider "narrowband" 
when the Mbps rate is below XXX, "wideband" otherwise.

Nits:

none.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca