Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-bonica-special-purpose-04

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:12:28 -0500

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate
).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document:   draft-bonica-special-purpose-04
Title: Special-Purpose Address Registries
Reviewer:  Joseph Yee
Review Date:  Dec 20th 2012

Summary:

This draft is ready for publication as Best Current Practice RFC.

Major Issues:

none.

Minor Issues:

(1)
Table 20 - Reserved status for Discard-Only Prefix
This seems like redirecting specific packets to some equivalent of
/dev/null rather than drop, a very special behaviour IMHO.  Shouldn't
the reserved status more like True than False?

(2)
Update or Obsoletes RFC4773 & RFC5736?
If the old output were obsoleted by this draft, isn't it better to
obsolete old the rules as well.  This is more of asking than raising
it as issue.

Nits:

(1)
No text references RFC4007.

(2)
In Table 1, the date format in Allocation Date (September, 1981) is
different than the rest of the draft (no comma between month and
year).  If there is another level below nits, I will put this one
under there.

Note:
I was reviewing version 03 and spotted 04 before publishing my review.
 I read the diff between the two and made adjustment of my review.

Best Regards,
Joseph