Subject: [apps-discuss] CfP for Second International Workshop on Privacy and Security in Online Social Media (PSOSM)

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:44:03 -0500

Readers of these lists may be interested in this workshop, which is
co-located with the next WWW Conference in Rio de Janeiro this May.  I
know both of the workshop chairs, and can recommend participation.

Please don't respond here, but contact the workshop committee directly.

Barry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS

Second International Workshop on Privacy and Security in Online Social
Media (PSOSM)
http://precog.iiitd.edu.in/events/psosm2013
Co-located with 22nd International World Wide Web Conference
Rio, Brazil
May 13 - 17, 2013

With increase in the usage of the Internet, there has been an
exponential increase in the use of online social media on the
Internet. Websites like Facebook, YouTube, Orkut, Twitter, Flickr,
Google+, FourSquare, Pinterest, and the likes have changed the way the
Internet is being used. However, widely used, there is a lack of
understanding of privacy and security issues on online social media.
Privacy and security of online social media need to be investigated,
studied and characterized from various perspectives (computational,
cultural, psychological, etc.).  It is critical to detect security
treats and defend privacy through real-time and scalable systems.
Since there are no logical boundaries for the social media, it is
important to study the problem from an international perspective too.
The main goals of the workshop are: To create a platform to discuss
latest and upcoming issues, trends, and cutting-edge research
approaches in security and privacy in online social media / complex
networked systems; (2) To bring researchers who are working separately
on security and privacy, and online social media, to discuss the
problems that overlap and bring these two areas together.

Topics / themes include, but not limited to the following:
- Information privacy disclosure, revelation and its effects in OSM
and online social networks
- Collateral damage due to information leakage (e.g. through photo
tagging) on OSM
- Privacy issues related to location based services on OSM
- Effective and usable privacy setting and policies on OSM
- Anonymization of social network dataset
- Identifying and preventing social spam (including phishing and
frauds) campaigns
- Tracking social footprint / identities across different social network
- Detection and characterization of spam, phishing, frauds, hate
crime, abuse, extremism via online social media
- Cyber-bullying, abuse and harassment detection, and prevention strategies
- Identifying and curbing malware, phishing, and botnets on OSM
- Filtering of pornography, viruses, and human trafficking on OSM
- Studying the social and economic impact of security and privacy issues on OSM
- User behavior towards change in privacy features in OSM
- Usability (including design flaws) of secure systems on online social media
- Data modeling of human behavior in context of security and privacy threats
- Privacy and security in social gaming applications
- Trust systems based on social networks
- Legal and ethical issues for researchers studying security and privacy on OSM
- Information credibility on OSM
- Security and Privacy issues in new entrants in OSM (e.g. Google Plus)
- Effect of OSM on conventional crime (robberies and theft)
- Means to maintain different legitimate identities on the same OSM service
- Access control, rights management, and security of social content
- Privacy-enhancing technologies, including anonymity, pseudonymity
and identity management, specifically for the web
- Identifying fraudulent entities in online social networks
- Problems due to unification of different identities of the same
persona on different social media services
- Using social media (e.g. Twitter) as sensors for decision making at
the organization level (i.e. detecting outbreaks)

Important dates
Abstract submission: February 22nd, 2013
Manuscripts due: February 25th, 2013
Notification of acceptance: March 13th, 2013
Final revised manuscript: April 1st, 2013
Workshop: May 14, 2013 (Full day)

** Best paper award will be given to the most outstanding paper
submitted to the workshop.**

Workshop chairs
- Prof. Ponnurangam Kumaraguru ("PK"), IIIT-Delhi, pk [at] iiitd [dot]
ac [dot] in
- Prof. Virgilo Almeida, UFMG

For more information: http://precog.iiitd.edu.in/events/psosm2013
Follow us at @precog_iiitd and tweet about the workshop using #psosm2013

--
Regards,
PSOSM 2013 Team
http://precog.iiitd.edu.in/events/psosm2013/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------