Subject: [apps-discuss] Enough from Webfinger

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:48:25 -0500

Hi.

Having just received another huge batch of specialized webfinger
correspondence over the weekend, most of which couldn't even
bother to be identified sufficiently by draft or topic to enable
easy filtering, I'm unsubscribing from apps-discuss.  Someone
might let me (and the others I assume have departed for other
reasons) know when this is over and the list is back to being
used for other topics.

  john

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 13:48:00 -0500

> reasons) know when this is over and the list is back to being

Indeed, and I've had some off-list complaints as well.  Because of
these, and because I've received only support and no complaints about
creating a "webfinger" non-WG mailing list, I've put in the request
and asked that it be handled ASAP.

The creation of <[email-masked]>, which you'll be able to
subscribe to here when it's created:
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/webfinger
(that link won't work yet) will be announced on ietf-announce and on
this list as well.

*** When that list is created, please move all webfinger-related
discussions to that list. ***

*** In the meantime, please try to hold off on further discussion of
webfinger on the apps-discuss list. ***

Hang on for a day or two until the new list is created, and carry on
over there.  And realize that once discussion is taken up on that
list, participants will have to read the archives to see what they
missed before they subscribed -- it's not practical to try to
pre-subscribe people in this case.

Thanks, everyone (on both sides of this fence) for your understanding.
 We made a mistake, underestimating the traffic and the length of the
discussion, and we have to do what we can to correct for it now.

Barry, App AD

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 14:17:12 -0800

On Dec 3, 2012, at 10:48 AM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> apps-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss
>

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 14:44:25 -0800

> and asked that it be handled ASAP.
...
> discussions to that list. ***

This sequence would seem, to me, a rather strong prima facie case for 
turning webfinger into a formal wg, with the discipline of a charter, 
schedule, and clear deliverables.

d/

-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 18:01:00 -0500

And maybe explaining what the point of it is?

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Dave Crocker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ______________________________**_________________
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/apps-discuss<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss>
>

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/