Subject: Re: [apps-review] Request for review for December 2
From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
To: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:52:01 +0900
List-Id: Apps Area Review List <apps-review.ietf.org>

On 2010/11/30 21:21, SM wrote:
> Hi Martin,

> Could you post the link to your review together with the above comments
> to apps-discuss with a copy to [email-masked]
> (for the authors) and [email-masked]?

Done.  Regards,   Martin.

-- 
#-# Martin J. Dürst, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:[email-masked]

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:48:03 -0800
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <[email-masked]>
From: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-review] Request for review: draft-linowski-netmod-yang-abstract

Hi Henry,

Alexey requested a review of 
draft-linowski-netmod-yang-abstract.  The review has been assigned to 
you and is due on December 9.  You can find information about the 
author and WG in the datatracker ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-linowski-netmod-yang-abstract 
).  Some previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are accessible at 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-template

The review should be sent to apps-discuss, the author, WG Chair and 
document shepherd, if applicable, and the IESG.  The subject of the 
email when submitting the review should be "apps-team review of 
draft-linowski-netmod-yang-abstract-04".

Best regards,
-sm

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:42:12 -0800
To: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
From: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-review] Request for review: draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie

Hi Lisa,

Alexey requested a review of draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie.  The review 
has been assigned to you and is due on December 9.  You can find 
information about the author and WG in the datatracker ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie ).  Some 
previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are accessible at 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-template

The review should be sent to apps-discuss, the author, WG Chair and 
document shepherd, if applicable, and the IESG.  The subject of the 
email when submitting the review should be "apps-team review of 
draft-ietf-httpstate-cookie-18".

Best regards,
-sm

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:36:42 -0800
To: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
From: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-review] Request for review: draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite

Hi Enrico,

Could you review draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite/ 
Re-INVITE and Target-refresh Request Handling in the Session 
Initiation Protocol (SIP) ) during the next weekend?

Best regards,
-sm

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:16:57 -0800
To: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
From: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-review] Request for review: draft-ietf-martini-gin

Hi Ted,

Alexey requested a review of draft-ietf-martini-gin.  Could you do it 
before December 2nd?   I apologize for the very short notice.  You 
can find information about the author and WG in the datatracker ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-martini-gin ).  Some 
previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are accessible at 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-template

The review should be sent to apps-discuss, the author, WG Chair and 
document shepherd, if applicable, and the IESG.  The subject of the 
email when submitting the review should be "apps-team review of 
draft-ietf-martini-gin-10".

Best regards,
-sm

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 04:21:16 -0800
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_J=2E_D=FCrst=22?= <[email-masked]>
From: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [apps-review] Request for review for December 2

Hi Martin,
At 22:58 29-11-10, Martin J. D=FCrst wrote:
>This is now at -22. I did a review of -21 in=20
>late September, and think that I sent it to all=20
>relevant parties. It is archived at=20
>http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg01813.html.=20
>I don't remember ever having heard back from the authors.

I went through the tracker (=20
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-tracker ) and I missed that=
 one.

>I'd request that somebody (Alex? SM?) check that=20
>my review has reached the authors, and that they=20
>addressed my points. Looking at=20
>http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=3Ddraft-ietf-geopriv-policy-22.txt,=20
>I don't see any traces of doing that. Section=20
>7.5, Location Obfuscation Example, has been=20
>added, and in Section 6.5.2, a 'procedure' was=20
>rewritten as an 'algorithm', although the new=20
>text starts with "The algorithm proceeds in 6=20
>steps." without saying what "The algorithm" is=20
>or is supposed to be used for. Other changes are=20
>incidental (boiler plate, dates,...).

Could you post the link to your review together=20
with the above comments to apps-discuss with a=20
copy to [email-masked]=20
(for the authors) and [email-masked]?

>Except for extremely specific and explicitly=20
>justified circumstances, it seems to be a waste=20
>of resources to review two versions of the same=20
>draft, let alone two consecutive versions, in=20
>particular if we don't have any confirmation=20
>that the first review was seen and acted upon.

Agreed.  That was my mistake as I should have noticed the previous review.

Henry, please ignore the previous request to review=
 draft-ietf-geopriv-policy.

Thanks,
-sm=20

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:28:53 +0100 (CET)
From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
To: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>, Glenn Parsons <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [apps-review] Request for review for December 2

> 2. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis/>: Dynamic 
> Host Configuration Protocol Options for Coordinate-based Location 
> Configuration Information
>
> Assigned to Claudio Allocchio

well... that's tomorrow ... and I've a set of meetings today.

I'll try, but cannot promise to meet tomorrow's deadline.

> -sm
>
> _______________________________________________
> apps-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-review
>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca

Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:58:32 +0900
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_J=2E_D=FCrst=22?= <[email-masked]>
Organization: Aoyama Gakuin University
To: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [apps-review] Request for review for December 2

On 2010/11/30 14:21, SM wrote:

> 5. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy/>:
> Geolocation Policy: A Document Format for Expressing Privacy Preferences
> for Location Information
>
> Assigned to Henry S. Thompson

This is now at -22. I did a review of -21 in late September, and think 
that I sent it to all relevant parties. It is archived at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg01813.html. 
I don't remember ever having heard back from the authors.

I'd request that somebody (Alex? SM?) check that my review has reached 
the authors, and that they addressed my points. Looking at 
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-22.txt, I 
don't see any traces of doing that. Section 7.5, Location Obfuscation 
Example, has been added, and in Section 6.5.2, a 'procedure' was 
rewritten as an 'algorithm', although the new text starts with "The 
algorithm proceeds in 6 steps." without saying what "The algorithm" is 
or is supposed to be used for. Other changes are incidental (boiler 
plate, dates,...).

Except for extremely specific and explicitly justified circumstances, it 
seems to be a waste of resources to review two versions of the same 
draft, let alone two consecutive versions, in particular if we don't 
have any confirmation that the first review was seen and acted upon.

Regards,    Martin.

-- 
#-# Martin J. Dürst, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:[email-masked]

Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:21:07 -0800
To: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>, Vijay Gurbani <[email-masked]>, Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>, Glenn Parsons <[email-masked]>, "Henry S. Thompson" <[email-masked]>, Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
From: SM <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-review] Request for review for December 2

Hello,

I apologize for sending out the assignments one week late.  I am 
listing the assignments in one email instead of sending them out 
individually.  I would be grateful if the reviews could be posted by 
December 1st.

1. 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-event-rate-control/>: 
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension for 
Notification Rate Control

Assigned to Vijay Gurbani

2. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-rfc3825bis/>: 
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options for Coordinate-based 
Location Configuration Information

Assigned to Claudio Allocchio

3. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-dnsext-dns-sd/>: 
DNS-Based Service Discovery

Assigned to Joseph Yee

4. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc/>: RTP 
Payload Format for Scalable Video Coding

Assigned to Glenn Parsons
Alexey requested paying attention to the MIME registration.

5. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-geopriv-policy/>: 
Geolocation Policy: A Document Format for Expressing Privacy 
Preferences for Location Information

Assigned to Henry S. Thompson

6. <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-martini-gin/>: 
Registration for Multiple Phone Numbers in the Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP)

Assigned to Enrico Marocco

You can find information about the author and WG in the 
datatracker.  Some previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are 
accessible at 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-template  The review 
should be sent to apps-discuss, the author, WG Chair and 
document  shepherd, if applicable, and the IESG.  The subject of the 
email when submitting the review should be "apps-team review of draft-name".

Regards,
-sm

From: "Jiankang YAO" <[email-masked]>
To: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 11:15:15 +0800
Subject: [apps-review] reminder Re: Apps WG Chairs/secretaries/reviewers lunch on Monday

Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 03:22:33 +0000
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Jiankang YAO <[email-masked]>
Subject: [apps-review] Apps WG Chairs/secretaries/reviewers lunch on Monday

Folks,
This is a late invitation for our usual Monday Apps lunch for WG 
chairs/secretaries + Apps Review Team.
We don't have any topics to discuss this time, so this lunch is more of 
a social occasion.
Note that this time we have a Chinese restaurant booked close to the 
Shangri-La hotel, courtesy of Jiankang YAO.

If you would like to attend, please reply to me (Peter's laptop is 
broken), so that we can have a proper head count.

Peter and Alexey,
as Apps ADs.