Subject: [Autoconf] MANET Node Terminology (draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-01)

From: "Dominik Kaspar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 15:48:06 +0900

Hello,

In draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-01 a node is defined as "any device
(router or host) that implements IP" and a MANET node is defined as "a
MANET node embodies a MANET router and zero or more hosts".

If I understand correctly, a "node" is a single physical device (with
a single MAC address), while a "MANET node" is a network of physical
devices (hosts) connected in a star-topology fashion to a single MANET
router.

I find it very confusing that the terminology of a node is "borrowed"
to define a "MANET node", which is actually not a single, but
potentially many nodes.

Greetings,
Dominik

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:52:14 +0530

If you look at Figure 1 it is a little more explicit. That said, I
agree the text is a little unclear. We are in the process of cleaning
it up, and the next revision will be more explicit.

Ian