Subject: [Autoconf] autoconf-statement-00 - multiple MBR - topology correct address issue

From: "Teco_Boot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:10:53 +0200

Hi,

I have a comment on draft-ietf-autoconf-statement-00, 4.3.3.  MANET Border
Routers Related Issues:   
===
   When a device
   changes its MBR attachment, some routes may be broken, affecting
   MANET packet forwarding performance and applications.
===

I assume ingress filtering could be applied on MBRs (RFC2827/BCP38,
RFC3704/BCP84). After any change in the MBR attachment, traffic blocking can
occur. This implies a need for immediately switch to a new Autoconf address
after a reroute. Agreed?

As a consequence, session continuity is not provided, unless Mobile IP (or
another trick) is used and BU is triggered by the Autoconf address switch,
used as CoA. Agreed?

I suggest adding the topology correct address issue in the draft.

Teco.

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf