Subject: [Autoconf] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:15:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile Ad hoc Network Architecture
	Author(s)	: I. Chakeres, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2007-10-4
	
This document discusses Mobile Ad hoc NETworks (MANETs).  It presents
   the initial motivation for MANET and describes unaccustomed
   characteristics and challenges.  It also defines a MANET, other MANET
   entities, and MANET architectural concepts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf

---

From: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:59:35 +0200

All,

As you'll have noted, there have been some comments on the I-D draft- 
ietf-autoconf-manetarch as it was undergoing WGLC. Many thanks to  
those that have reviewed the document and provided their valuable  
feedback -- which has been integrated as best possible into this -06  
version.

I'd like to ask y'all, and specifically those who were providing  
feedback during WGLC, to quickly review this -06, specifically to  
understand if we can progress the document, or if there are still  
issues that we need to address. I'll note that the WGLC ended on  
September 24, and that this -06 should include all comments received  
during the WGLC.

If you could let your opinion be known on the 'list within this week,  
then it'd be very helpful.

Thanks

Thomas

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: 4October , 2007 11:15:02 PM CEDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
> Content-Type: text/plain
> Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
>
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

-- 
Thomas Clausen
[email-masked]
http://www.thomasclausen.org/
http://hipercom.thomasclausen.org/

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:16:47 -0700

Thomas,

> feedback during WGLC, to quickly review this -06,

I guess that includes me, and I will do my best to respond
asap but have a busy week ahead of me. But, one comment for
now wrt to the "acknowledgements" section:

   "While not entirely complete the authors would like to in particular
   thank the following individuals for exhaustive discussions and
   valuable contributions:"            ^^^^^^^^^^

I don't quite understand the characterization of "exhaustive"?
This document has been moved through the process more quickly
than most (which often undergo intensive scrutiny over the
course of many years) and I don't see any of them complaining.
(There wasn't even an issue tracker maintained for this one.)
Meanwhile, development of the MANET architecture has evloved
over the course of several decades and I won't even guess as
to how many vital contributers involved and R&D $'s invested.

It would be good if this could be re-worded.

Fred
[email-masked]  

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas Clausen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 1:00 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Autoconf] Regarding draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt 
> 
> All,
> 
> > You can also visit 
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce

---

From: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:35:05 +0200

Fred,

Thanks -- if you have a proposed preferred phrase to replace the one  
indicated, then I'm all ears ;)

Cheers,

Thomas

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 15:36:15 -0700

How about just strike the word, and we'll move on.

Thanks - Fred

> Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 3:35 PM
> To: Templin, Fred L
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Autoconf] Regarding 
> draft-ietf-autoconf-manetarch-06.txt 
> 
> Fred,
>

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:15:25 +0530

I believe I committed a spell-check error. It should read "extensive".
I don't know how I miss-spelled extensive to become exhaustive by
aspell in emacs, but it happened.

Fred, thanks for the thorough (some might say exhaustive) review.
Ian