Subject: [avtext] WGLC for draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 21:05:05 +0000

This is to announce a 2 week Working Group Last Call for

	draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-02

as proposed standard.

Please review and provide any comments you may have on the document by Wednesday, October 7, 2015. Comments should be sent to the document authors and the AVTEXT WG list. If you review the document but do not have any comments, please send a note to that effect as well.

Please also forward this WGLC call to any other interested parties who may be able to review the draft, asking them to also direct their comments to the authors and the list as above.

Thank you!

        Jonathan (AVTEXT co-chair)

Draft information:

This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Header Extension for RTCP Source Description Items
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          Bo Burman
                          Roni Even
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   Source Description (SDES) items are normally transported in RTP
   control protocol (RTCP).  In some cases it can be beneficial to speed
   up the delivery of these items.  Mainly when a new source (SSRC)
   joins an RTP session and the receivers needs this source's identity,
   relation to other sources, or its synchronization context, all of
   which may be fully or partially identified using SDES items.  To
   enable this optimization, this document specifies a new RTP header
   extension that can carry SDES items.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/