Subject: [avtext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-05.txt> (RTP Header Extension for RTCP Source Description Items) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 14:57:33 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'RTP Header Extension for RTCP Source Description Items'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Source Description (SDES) items are normally transported in RTP
   control protocol (RTCP).  In some cases it can be beneficial to speed
   up the delivery of these items.  Mainly when a new source (SSRC)
   joins an RTP session and the receivers needs this source's identity,
   relation to other sources, or its synchronization context, all of
   which may be fully or partially identified using SDES items.  To
   enable this optimization, this document specifies a new RTP header
   extension that can carry SDES items.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-sdes-hdr-ext/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.