Subject: Re: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-03.txt

From: "Mo Zanaty (mzanaty)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 13:40:15 +0000

This update incorporates feedback and decisions from Berlin, along with
editorial changes.

1. A shorter variant of the extension is defined for non-scalable streams
which omits all fields that only apply to scalable streams.

2. References to the relevant codec payload formats were added to the
Layer ID Mapping sections.

3. References to drafts were updated to RFCs. Except
draft-aboba-avtcore-sfu-rtp which expired. We need to decide whether to
remove this reference, keep it and progress that draft, or merge relevant
content from that draft into this document. I would like to hear from
Bernard and others on this.

Note Well: An IPR declaration (ID#2876) was recently submitted on this WG
document. The authors see no issues continuing to progress this draft
given the permissive licensing terms, but the WG needs to weigh in.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2876/

Thanks,
Mo

-----Original Message-----
From: avtext <[email-masked]> on behalf of
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday, October 31, 2016 at 5:47 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [avtext] I-D Action: draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Extensions of the
IETF.

        Title           : Frame Marking RTP Header Extension
        Authors         : Espen Berger
                          Suhas Nandakumar
                          Mo Zanaty
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document describes a Frame Marking RTP header extension used to
   convey information about video frames that is critical for error
   recovery and packet forwarding in RTP middleboxes or network nodes.
   It is most useful when media is encrypted, and essential when the
   middlebox or node has no access to the media encryption keys.  It is
   also useful for codec-agnostic processing of encrypted or unencrypted
   media, while it also supports extensions for codec-specific
   information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-avtext-framemarking-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
avtext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avtext