Subject: [avtext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered-03.txt> (Using Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with Feedback with Layered Codecs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 18:17:22 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Extensions
WG (avtext) to consider the following document:
- 'Using Codec Control Messages in the RTP Audio-Visual Profile with
   Feedback with Layered Codecs'
  <draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-12-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC5104 by fixing a shortcoming in the
   specification language of the Codec Control Message Full Intra
   Request (FIR) as defined in RFC5104 when using it with layered
   codecs.  In particular, a Decoder Refresh Point needs to be sent by a
   media sender when a FIR is received on any layer of the layered
   bitstream, regardless on whether those layers are being sent in a
   single or in multiple RTP flows.  The other payload-specific feedback
   messages defined in RFC 5104 and RFC 4585 as updated by RFC 5506 have
   also been analyzed, and no corresponding shortcomings have been
   found.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avtext-avpf-ccm-layered/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.