Subject: [babel] rfc6126bis updates

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 18:51:50 +0200

Dear all,

I've integrated the extension mechanism into rfc6126, and did some work on
making updates more extensible.  It's not finished yet, but I'm starting
to get an XML overload, so it's time to go do something else.

Comments welcome, of course, although you may want to wait until I've
finished.

Thanks,

-- Juliusz

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 10:38:25 -0700

>From an rfc front, if your eyes are bleeding from xml, we used
kramdown format for these:

https://github.com/dtaht/bufferbloat-rfcs/tree/master/fq_codel

But it's hard to review a draft in progress if we don't know where it is.

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 20:45:36 +0200

> But it's hard to review a draft in progress if we don't know where it is.

https://github.com/jech/babel-drafts

---

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:43:01 -0700

Juliusz,

I read the edits, and they look good to me.
In the "Considerations for protocol extensions" section,
we could say that adding AEs is another way to extend the protocol.
Maybe that can wait until we rephrase how AEs work, such as
compression being specific to an AE.

David

> On Apr 13, 2017, at 11:45, Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> babel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/babel