Subject: [babel] Changed requirements for requests

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:03:58 +0200

Folks,

I've just changed the specification of when requests MUST be sent.
Roughly speaking:

  - forwarding seqno requests is now a MUST (it used to be a SHOULD);
    https://github.com/jech/babel-drafts/commit/9bc1d5064dc63d59fe1a82901d94d5de2b5f4d28
  
  - originating seqno requests to all neighbours used to be a MUST; it is
    now MUST to at least one advertising neighbour (if any), SHOULD
    to all neighbours advertising the prefix, and MAY to any other
    neighbours.
    https://github.com/jech/babel-drafts/commit/a0e82cf0e252e30746ed8525b5557bb4eac8e7ff

If you're forwarding requests (as you formerly SHOULD and now MUST),
you're still compliant, but you have more latitude for optimisation,
especially if you're using unicast.  Please check.

Note that this makes sbabeld non-compliant, so some more word-smithing is
needed.  The idea is that you MUST forward a request if you might
advertise a route for that prefix, but I'm not sure how to specify that.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:25:26 +0200

> advertise a route for that prefix, but I'm not sure how to specify that.

https://github.com/jech/babel-drafts/commit/5396e8a979cfe4f37086af2f8b2f51e9df50fa72