Subject: [babel] Babel in FRR

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 19:24:05 +0200

Dear all,

Donald Sharp has just merged Babel into the master branch of FRR (the
successor of Quagga).  Matthieu and I have done some informal testing,
including running this code as our IPv6 edge router (redistributing
between RIPng and Babel), and it appears to work.

  https://github.com/FRRouting/frr

This code is based on babeld, so it doesn't count as another independent
implementation of the Babel protocol.  Still, since FRR appears to be
taking over from Quagga, it is an important addition to the Babel ecosystem.

Many thanks to Donald for this work.

-- Juliusz

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:36:48 -0700

That's really wonderful news.

On my end, I'm planning to deploy lede + babel 1.8 across about 35
routers at lupin lodge (los gatos, ca, hills) starting next week, and
heading down to nicaragua the week following to explore the
possibilities of a deployment here: http://www.harmonia.life/

... before the rainy season starts.

I'm using a mixture of nanostation m5s, rocket m5s and m2s (ath9k),
and the uap-lite (ath10k with the adhoc capable candelatech firmware).

If anyone wants to camp out (and help) at either site anytime in the
next few months please let me know.