Subject: [babel] Merged Unicast Hellos into rfc6126bis

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:36:10 +0200

David,

Thanks a lot for your text, I'm pretty happy with the technical
content.  I've merged and pushed your copy, I'll modify it tonight.

What I'm going to do tonight:

  - remove language that says that (scheduled) Hellos are periodic -- the
    interval is an upper bound on the time of the next Hello;

  - the terminology introduced by David is a little heavy, but I don't see
    a good way to keep it precise; more thought is needed;

  - rewrite Section "Reverse Reachability detection", which is way too
    verbose for my taste;

  - rewrite Appendix "Cost computation", including an introduction about
    802.11 specifics;

  - remove the paragraph "Properties of Multicast and Unicast Hellos",
    which is too vague to be useful;

  - remove timing advice for Unicast Hellos in Appendix B, since we have
    no implementation experience yet;

  - rewrite the simplified implementations section;

  - flesh out the "Changes since -02" section.

If anyone disagrees with anything in David's text, please speak now.

-- Juliusz