Subject: [babel] Babel@ietf meeting on Thursday: remote participation

From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:34:02 +0100

Dear all,

This is to remind you that the Babel meeting will be tomorrow (Thursday):

  18:10 SGT (Singapore)
  11:10 CET (Paris, Warsaw)
  10:10 UTC
  05:10 EST (New York, NY)
  02:10 PST (Vacaville, CA)

If you have a reasonably recent web browser, remote participation is easy:

1. register here (you can do that in advance):

    https://www.ietf.org/meeting/remote-registration.html

2. join us here (at the time of the meeting):

    https://brasbasah.conf.meetecho.com/q-meetecho/login.jsp?ietf=babel

You don't need a webcam or a microphone, you can participate in the
discussion in writing and a friendly scribe will read out your
contribution.  If you prefer to lurk, you're very much welcome.

The agenda is here, and a copy of the slides will be uploaded as soon as
we're ready (grep for Babel):

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/

Highlights:

  - David Schinazi will speak about the recent evolution of the protocol;
  - Juliusz Chroboczek will open the security discussion;
  - Zheng (Sandy) Zhang will speak about BIER over IPv6.

BIER is a technology for multicast forwarding that doesn't require
per-session state in every router, and therefore has a chance of getting
deployed.  Sandy and her team have been working on using Babel as the BIER
control protocol.  The introduction to BIER is rather readable:

  https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-architecture

Hope to see you tomorrow,

-- Juliusz Chroboczek