Subject: [Bier] Early allocation request for codepoints in draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions

From: "Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:25:36 +0000

Greg, Tony, and WG,

draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions has the following IANA requests:

   The document requests three new allocations from the OSPF Extended
   Prefix sub-TLV registry as defined in
   [I-D.ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr].

      BIER Sub-TLV: TBD

      BIER MPLS Encapsulation Sub-TLV: TBD

      BIER Tree Type Sub-TLV: TBD

ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr is now RFC 7684, and has the following:

   The "OSPFv2 Extended Prefix TLV Sub-TLVs" registry defines sub-TLVs
   at any level of nesting for OSPFv2 Extended Prefix TLVs and has been
   added to the "Open Shortest Path First v2 (OSPFv2) Parameters"
   registry.  New values can be allocated via IETF Review or IESG
   Approval.

Per RFC 7120, codepoints in that Registry are eligible for early 
allocation by IANA.

I would like to request that the WG chairs initiate the process to get an early allocation for these codepoints.

Thanks.
Jeffrey

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 13:12:11 -0700

<chair>
Thanks, I will follow up next week with chairs/IANA on both OSPF & ISIS
calls for early alloc issued today by Jeffrey ...
</chair>

--- tony

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> BIER mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bier
>

-- 
*We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
that is not true.*
—Robert Wilensky