Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 08:08:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast VPN Using BIER
        Authors         : Eric C. Rosen
                          Mahesh Sivakumar
                          Sam K Aldrin
                          Andrew Dolganow
                          Tony Przygienda
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-07-26

Abstract:
   The Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) specifications require
   the use of multicast tunnels ("P-tunnels") that traverse a Service
   Provider's backbone network.  The P-tunnels are used for carrying
   multicast traffic across the backbone.  A variety of P-tunnel types
   are supported.  Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is a new
   architecture that provides optimal multicast forwarding through a
   "multicast domain", without requiring intermediate routers to
   maintain any per-flow state or to engage in an explicit tree-building
   protocol.  This document specifies the protocol and procedures that
   allow MVPN to use BIER as the method of carrying multicast traffic
   over an SP backbone network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-mvpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-mvpn-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/