Subject: [Bier] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-bier-architecture-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 03:19:28 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bier-architecture-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-architecture/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also initially expected that this document should be informational because it
specifies an architecture, however, will reading I realized that is rather
specifies abstract mechanisms and a data model. So it's basically an abstract
protocol spec without defining the on the wire format. Maybe it would be
helpful to describe the content of this document this way, rather than speaking
of an architecture. However, I guess the word architecture is rather board
though.

Thanks for a well-written doc; especially the ECMP part is very clear!