Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-idr-extensions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 21:04:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Extensions for BIER
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Mach Chen
                          Keyur Patel
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Antoni Przygienda
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-idr-extensions-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-08-08

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is a new multicast forwarding
   architecture which doesn't require an explicit tree-building protocol
   and doesn't require intermediate routers to maintain any multicast
   state.  BIER is applicable in a multi-tenant data center network
   environment for efficient delivery of Broadcast, Unknown-unicast and
   Multicast (BUM) traffic while eliminating the need for maintaining a
   huge amount of multicast state in the underlay.  This document
   describes BGP extensions for advertising the BIER-specific
   information.  These extensions are applicable in those multi-tenant
   data centers where BGP instead of IGP is deployed as an underlay for
   network reachability advertisement.  These extensions may also be
   applicable in other scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-idr-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-idr-extensions-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-idr-extensions-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-idr-extensions-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/