Subject: [Bier] Important: Early allocation codepoints have been granted ... Comments for Last Calls

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 12:19:18 -0700

Following early allocation codepoints have been granted and/or commented
upon. Please according editors/authors to take action & repost according
new versions.

---
In accordance with the IS-IS-specific procedure established in RFC
7370, we've added the following early allocation to the IS-IS Sub-TLVs
for TLVs 135, 235, 236, and 237 registry:
Type: 32
Description: BIER Info (TEMPORARY - registered 2017-07-05, expires
2018-07-05)
135: y
235: y
236: y
237: y
Reference: [*draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions*]
---

We've made the following early allocation in the P-Multicast Service
Interface Tunnel (PMSI Tunnel) Tunnel Types registry:

0x0B  BIER (TEMPORARY - registered 2017-06-29, expires 2018-06-29)  [
*draft-ietf-bier-mvpn*]
---

We've made the following early allocations in the OSPFv2 Extended Prefix
TLV Sub-TLVs registry:

9  BIER Sub-TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2017-06-29, expires 2018-06-29)  [
*draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions*]

10  BIER MPLS Encapsulation Sub-TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2017-06-29,
expires 2018-06-29)  [draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions]

11  BIER Tree Type Sub-TLV (TEMPORARY - registered 2017-06-29, expires
2018-06-29)  [draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions]
---

------------

Following LC comments are provided by the early allocation requests and
need to be incorporated into the documents as part of the LC

The registry for sub-sub-TLVs for *draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions* cannot
be created using early allocation. Please extend the document by following
IANA considerations

"
Does this registry have a maximum value? Should 0 be listed as
"Unassigned," listed as "Reserved," or left out of the registry?
"

---------

The next protocol identifiers registry in
*draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation* cannot be created using early
allocation process. Please extend the document by following IANA
considerations

"
the document should specify whether 64 is the maximum value
"

For BIER header version, registry cannot be created using early allocation
process. Please extend the document by following IANA considerations

"
please specify the registry's maximum value in the IANA Considerations
section
"

------

thanks

--- tony