Subject: Re: [Bier] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08.txt>

From: Senthil Dhanaraj <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 11:15:20 +0000

A minor comment .

3.  Encoding BFR Identifiers in BitStrings

   It is not required that a BFIR use the same Imposition
   BitStringLength or the same Imposition sub-domain for all packets on
   which it imposes the BIER encapsulation.  However, if a particular
   BFIR is provisioned to use a particular Imposition BitStringLength
   and a particular Imposition sub-domain when imposing the
   encapsulation on a given set of packets, all other BFRs with BFR-ids
   in that sub-domain SHOULD be provisioned to process received BIER
   packets with that BitStringLength (i.e., all other BFRs with BFR-ids
   in that sub-domain SHOULD be provisioned with that BitStringLength as
   a Disposition BitStringLength for that sub-domain.  Exceptions to
   this rule MAY be made under certain conditions; this is discussed in
   Section 6.10.

Note: Further the same text is referred in section 6.10

>  I assume “BFRs with BFR-ids” implies only BFERs and not the transit BFRs.
    We shall remove the text “with BFR-ids” and just mention as BFRs ?

Regards,
Senthil

From: BIER [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Greg Shepherd
Sent: 13 September 2017 23:45
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bier] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08.txt>

WGLC timer starting for draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08.txt

Removed 256bit mask minimum limit, with the intention of letting encapsulation drafts specify minimum length.

Also added an Operational Consideration section.

Thanks,
Greg
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: DraftTracker Mail System <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08.txt>
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Last Call Request has been submitted for
<draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08.txt>

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-architecture/