Subject: [Bier] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 18:43:24 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Please add some text describing the nature of the experiment, even if that is
simply "to get more implementation and deployment experience".

- 2.1.2, "Ver": " The value 0xF is reserved for experimental use; that value
MUST
      NOT be assigned by any future IETF document or by IANA."

Isn't the entire document experimental? It seems odd to define an experimental
version code.