Subject: [Bier] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hfa-bier-pim-signaling/ - ex Re: clarification in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08

From: matecs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 12:15:39 +0100

hi,

On 10/30/2017 03:31 PM, Alia Atlas wrote:
> Thanks for letting us know that you are developing bier for 
> freerouter.nop.hu <http://freerouter.nop.hu>.
> I am expecting a number of other relevant drafts to be progressing out 
> of the
> BIER WG soon - so this would be a really excellent time to read through and
> provide feedback.
sorry to bother you again, i swear this will be my last mail for a long 
time:)
so i've finished my forwarding part and also done
pim-bier interworking, especially this draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hfa-bier-pim-signaling/
i found it so useful so i suggest everybody to implement it.
it was so easy, i've to patch just some parts of the code...
the stuff works as written in the draft, but the draft does
not say anything about what's the bier encapsulated join's
destination ip address. i've tried to leave it as is now,
multicast, but then changed to unicast of the remote pe's
loopback address. both versions works, but the latter helps
the remote pe to distinguish between tunneled and normal
pim joins, and helps to dispatch the tunneled join to the
correct interface. imagine if the remote pe have more
loopbacks in different bier domains...

below you can see some proof that the stuff works...
first the labels then one endpoint's mroute table
and a dbeacon like app reporting 100% connectivity.
lastly some packet debug. within the debugs,
the rx followed by the tx(es) since this bsr have
a lot of peers... the rxes with one bit set followed
by just one tx are probably the pim joins...
the others are the app's multicasted report packets.

and finally, if anybody is interested in interop testing,
feel free to email me...

regards,
cs

mchome-core#show mpls forwarding | include bier 

28651   inet:4  null       null            unlabelled  bier     17919706
28652   inet:4  null       null            unlabelled  bier     0
626691  inet:6  null       null            unlabelled  bier     22462720
626692  inet:6  null       null            unlabelled  bier     0

mchome-core#show mpls forwarding 28651 

category      value
label         28651
key           18-lsrp bier
working       true
forwarder     inet:4
interface     null
nexthop       null
remote label  unlabelled
need local    false
bier base     28651
bier bsl      3-256
bier fwdr     inet:4
bier peer     10.1.1.26 serial102 lab=819097 bit=25/221 
msk=180000002018000000000000008020017c00004000007ea0c0000400
bier peer     10.1.1.50 serial104 lab=655951 bit=2/170 
msk=2000000000000000000000000000000000000001000
bier peer     10.1.1.54 serial105 lab=825252 bit=1/12 msk=800
bier peer     10.1.1.58 serial101 lab=86168 bit=1/14 msk=2000
bier peer     10.1.1.66 serial106 lab=657580 bit=28/88 
msk=fe8000787600001fd94000
bier peer     10.1.1.118 serial103 lab=220357 bit=1/22 msk=200000
pwe iface     null
pwe del       0
pwe add       n/a
counter       tx=0(0) rx=17930297(107814) drp=0(0)

mchome-core#show mpls forwarding 626691 

category      value
label         626691
key           18-lsrp bier
working       true
forwarder     inet:6
interface     null
nexthop       null
remote label  unlabelled
need local    false
bier base     626691
bier bsl      3-256
bier fwdr     inet:6
bier peer     2001:db8:17::2 serial102 lab=564980 bit=25/221 
msk=180000002018000000000000008020017c00004000007ea0c0000400
bier peer     2001:db8:1d::2 serial104 lab=732750 bit=2/170 
msk=2000000000000000000000000000000000000001000
bier peer     2001:db8:1f::2 serial105 lab=79127 bit=1/12 msk=800
bier peer     2001:db8:22::2 serial101 lab=200913 bit=1/14 msk=2000
bier peer     2001:db8:2c::2 serial106 lab=395619 bit=28/88 
msk=fe8000787600001fd94000
bier peer     2001:db8:3a::2 serial103 lab=301581 bit=1/22 msk=200000
pwe iface     null
pwe del       0
pwe add       n/a
counter       tx=0(0) rx=22484209(107927) drp=0(0)

mchome-core#

mchome-evpn#show ipv4 mroute inet 

source        group          interface  upstream      targets
10.1.252.252  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.1.252.253  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.1.252.254  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.1.252.255  232.197.91.25  loopback0  10.1.252.255  local bier
10.4.4.254    232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.3    232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.12   232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.16   232.197.91.25  null       null          local
10.10.10.19   232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.88   232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.222  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.224  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.225  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.226  232.197.91.25  serial103  10.1.1.117    local
10.10.10.227  232.197.91.25  null       null          local

mchome-evpn#show ipv6 mroute inet 

source                  group                interface  upstream 
        targets
2001:db8:1101::3        ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::12       ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::16       ff09::232:197:91:25  null       null 
        local
2001:db8:1101::19       ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::88       ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::4254     ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::222:222  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::224:224  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::225:225  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::226:226  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::227:227  ff09::232:197:91:25  null       null 
        local
2001:db8:1101::252:252  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::252:253  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::252:254  ff09::232:197:91:25  serial103  2001:db8:3a::1 
        local
2001:db8:1101::252:255  ff09::232:197:91:25  loopback0 
2001:db8:1101::252:255  local bier

mchome-evpn#show mtracker v4m 

name=v4m, round=3485, group=232.197.91.25
port=5488, timer=6666/6, ifc=ifc loopback0
peer#0: ip=10.1.252.252, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:06, 
heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=724496(3472) drp=0(0)
peer#1: ip=10.1.252.253, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:44:19, 
heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=726184(3480) drp=0(0)
peer#2: ip=10.1.252.254, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:06, 
heard=00:00:04, counter=tx=0(0) rx=722583(3463) drp=0(0)
peer#3: ip=10.1.252.255, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, 
heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#4: ip=10.4.4.254, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 09:18:31, 
heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=689718(3446) drp=0(0)
peer#5: ip=10.10.10.3, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:09, 
heard=00:00:05, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720267(3451) drp=0(0)
peer#6: ip=10.10.10.12, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:54:39, 
heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720604(3452) drp=0(0)
peer#7: ip=10.10.10.16, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 
00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#8: ip=10.10.10.19, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:51:19, 
heard=00:00:04, counter=tx=0(0) rx=721634(3458) drp=0(0)
peer#9: ip=10.10.10.88, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, 
heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=726377(3481) drp=0(0)
peer#10: ip=10.10.10.222, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
05:43:26, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=715267(3427) drp=0(0)
peer#11: ip=10.10.10.224, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
06:00:59, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719753(3449) drp=0(0)
peer#12: ip=10.10.10.225, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
06:00:53, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720990(3454) drp=0(0)
peer#13: ip=10.10.10.226, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 
09:21:44, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=715539(3427) drp=0(0)
peer#14: ip=10.10.10.227, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 
00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)

\   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14
0   \  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
1   +  \  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
2   +  +  \  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
3   +  +  +  \  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
4   +  +  +  +  \  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
5   +  +  +  +  +  \  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
6   +  +  +  +  +  +  \  -  +  +  +   +   +   +   -
7   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  \  -  -  -   -   -   -   -
8   +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  \  +  +   +   +   +   -
9   +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  \  +   +   +   +   -
10  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  \   +   +   +   -
11  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   \   +   +   -
12  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   \   +   -
13  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -  +  +  +   +   +   \   -
14  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -   -   -   \

mchome-evpn#show mtracker v6m 

name=v6m, round=3487, group=ff09::232:197:91:25
port=5488, timer=6666/6, ifc=ifc loopback0
peer#0: ip=2001:db8:1101::3, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
05:59:24, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=722885(3461) drp=0(0)
peer#1: ip=2001:db8:1101::12, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 
05:42:09, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719622(3446) drp=0(0)
peer#2: ip=2001:db8:1101::16, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 
00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#3: ip=2001:db8:1101::19, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
05:51:19, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=721149(3453) drp=0(0)
peer#4: ip=2001:db8:1101::88, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 
05:42:16, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=725393(3473) drp=0(0)
peer#5: ip=2001:db8:1101::4254, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 
09:18:26, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719267(3443) drp=0(0)
peer#6: ip=2001:db8:1101::222:222, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
05:43:39, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=717322(3434) drp=0(0)
peer#7: ip=2001:db8:1101::224:224, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
06:00:58, heard=00:00:05, counter=tx=0(0) rx=721776(3456) drp=0(0)
peer#8: ip=2001:db8:1101::225:225, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 
06:00:58, heard=00:00:04, counter=tx=0(0) rx=723255(3463) drp=0(0)
peer#9: ip=2001:db8:1101::226:226, state=up, changes=7, since=2017-11-03 
09:21:46, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719268(3444) drp=0(0)
peer#10: ip=2001:db8:1101::227:227, state=down, changes=0, 
since=1970-01-01 00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#11: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:252, state=up, changes=1, 
since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) 
rx=724832(3472) drp=0(0)
peer#12: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:253, state=up, changes=3, 
since=2017-11-03 05:44:19, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) 
rx=725571(3475) drp=0(0)
peer#13: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:254, state=up, changes=3, 
since=2017-11-03 05:43:06, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) 
rx=724076(3468) drp=0(0)
peer#14: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:255, state=up, changes=1, 
since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)

\   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14
0   \  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
1   +  \  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
2   -  -  \  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -   -   -   -
3   +  +  -  \  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
4   +  +  -  +  \  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
5   +  +  -  +  +  \  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
6   +  +  -  +  +  +  \  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
7   +  +  -  +  +  +  +  \  +  +  -   +   +   +   +
8   +  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  \  +  -   +   +   +   +
9   +  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  \  -   +   +   +   +
10  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  \   -   -   -   -
11  +  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   \   +   +   +
12  +  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   \   +   +
13  +  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   \   +
14  +  +  -  +  +  +  +  +  +  +  -   +   +   +   \

mchome-evpn#

mchome-core#debug mpls bier
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=23 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=23 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=23 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=93 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=93 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=93 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=120 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=120 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=120 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=120 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=120 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=120 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=29 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=29 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=29 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=29 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=29 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=29 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=93 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=93 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=93 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=22 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001708000000000400090c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=22 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=22 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=24 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=24 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=24 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=88 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=88 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=88 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=22 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001708000000000400090c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=22 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=22 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=24 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=24 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=24 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=88 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=88 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=88 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=97 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=47 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=95 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=23 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=23 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000000000000000800001700000000000400080000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=23 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=94 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010e00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000010c00000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=32 si=0 prt=6 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=200000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=4 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=8000000000000000000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=10000000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=800000
debug ip.ipMpls.parseBIERheader:ipMpls.java:281 rx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000
debug ip.ipMpls.createBIERheader:ipMpls.java:294 tx bfir=190 si=0 prt=6 
bs=400000

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 09:02:07 -0400

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback on draft-hfa-bier-pim-signaling!
That isn't a working group draft yet, so feedback on how it is useful as
well
as suggestions for improvement (on any drafts) based on experience are
always
welcome.

It would be unfortunate if this is your last email for a long time.
Collaborating
on improving and completing bier - based on your experience with making
running code is quite helpful.

It would be excellent to see some interop testing start to happen.

Regards,
Alia

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:15 AM, matecs <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> I am expecting a number of other relevant drafts to be progressing out of
>> the
> 2001:db8:1101::16       ff09::232:197:91:25  null       null        local
> 2001:db8:1101::227:227  ff09::232:197:91:25  null       null        local
> peer#7: ip=10.10.10.16, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 00:59:59,
> heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
> peer#10: ip=10.10.10.222, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:26,
> heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=715267(3427) drp=0(0)
> peer#11: ip=10.10.10.224, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 06:00:59,
> heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719753(3449) drp=0(0)
> peer#12: ip=10.10.10.225, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 06:00:53,
> heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720990(3454) drp=0(0)
> peer#13: ip=10.10.10.226, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 09:21:44,
> heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=715539(3427) drp=0(0)
> peer#11: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:252, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03
> 05:42:02, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) rx=724832(3472) drp=0(0)
> peer#12: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:253, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03
> 05:44:19, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=725571(3475) drp=0(0)
> peer#13: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:254, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03
> 05:43:06, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=724076(3468) drp=0(0)
> peer#14: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:255, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03
> 05:42:02, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
>

---

From: "Bidgoli, Hooman (Nokia - CA/Ottawa)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:29:22 +0000

Thanks for feedback. 

Your comment on changing the PIM destination IP to loopback of ebbr is interesting and I like to explore it farther.

Can you elaborate on the advantage of distinguishing between tunneled PIM signaling packets (arriving from BIER domain) and normal PIM (packets arriving from PIM domain)?  

As of now we did not consider changing the PIM destination, the idea is the BIER header would give the clear indication of the PIM packet being arrived from the BIER domain.

But it could be very well that we need clear identification of this in the PIM module...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hooman

-----Original Message-----
From: BIER [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of matecs
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 7:16 AM
To: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bier] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hfa-bier-pim-signaling/ - ex Re: clarification in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08

hi,

On 10/30/2017 03:31 PM, Alia Atlas wrote:
> of the BIER WG soon - so this would be a really excellent time to read 
> through and provide feedback.
sorry to bother you again, i swear this will be my last mail for a long
time:)
so i've finished my forwarding part and also done pim-bier interworking, especially this draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hfa-bier-pim-signaling/
i found it so useful so i suggest everybody to implement it.
it was so easy, i've to patch just some parts of the code...
the stuff works as written in the draft, but the draft does not say anything about what's the bier encapsulated join's destination ip address. i've tried to leave it as is now, multicast, but then changed to unicast of the remote pe's loopback address. both versions works, but the latter helps the remote pe to distinguish between tunneled and normal pim joins, and helps to dispatch the tunneled join to the correct interface. imagine if the remote pe have more loopbacks in different bier domains...

below you can see some proof that the stuff works...
first the labels then one endpoint's mroute table and a dbeacon like app reporting 100% connectivity.
lastly some packet debug. within the debugs, the rx followed by the tx(es) since this bsr have a lot of peers... the rxes with one bit set followed by just one tx are probably the pim joins...
the others are the app's multicasted report packets.

and finally, if anybody is interested in interop testing, feel free to email me...

regards,
cs

category      value
label         28651
key           18-lsrp bier
working       true
forwarder     inet:4
interface     null
nexthop       null
remote label  unlabelled
need local    false
bier base     28651
bier bsl      3-256
bier fwdr     inet:4

category      value
label         626691
key           18-lsrp bier
working       true
forwarder     inet:6
interface     null
nexthop       null
remote label  unlabelled
need local    false
bier base     626691
bier bsl      3-256
bier fwdr     inet:6

mchome-core#

name=v4m, round=3485, group=232.197.91.25 port=5488, timer=6666/6, ifc=ifc loopback0
peer#0: ip=10.1.252.252, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:06, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=724496(3472) drp=0(0)
peer#1: ip=10.1.252.253, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:44:19, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=726184(3480) drp=0(0)
peer#2: ip=10.1.252.254, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:06, heard=00:00:04, counter=tx=0(0) rx=722583(3463) drp=0(0)
peer#3: ip=10.1.252.255, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#4: ip=10.4.4.254, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 09:18:31, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=689718(3446) drp=0(0)
peer#5: ip=10.10.10.3, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:09, heard=00:00:05, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720267(3451) drp=0(0)
peer#6: ip=10.10.10.12, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:54:39, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720604(3452) drp=0(0)
peer#7: ip=10.10.10.16, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#8: ip=10.10.10.19, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:51:19, heard=00:00:04, counter=tx=0(0) rx=721634(3458) drp=0(0)
peer#9: ip=10.10.10.88, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=726377(3481) drp=0(0)
peer#10: ip=10.10.10.222, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:26, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=715267(3427) drp=0(0)
peer#11: ip=10.10.10.224, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 06:00:59, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719753(3449) drp=0(0)
peer#12: ip=10.10.10.225, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 06:00:53, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=720990(3454) drp=0(0)
peer#13: ip=10.10.10.226, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 09:21:44, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=715539(3427) drp=0(0)
peer#14: ip=10.10.10.227, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)

name=v6m, round=3487, group=ff09::232:197:91:25 port=5488, timer=6666/6, ifc=ifc loopback0
peer#0: ip=2001:db8:1101::3, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:59:24, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=722885(3461) drp=0(0)
peer#1: ip=2001:db8:1101::12, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:09, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719622(3446) drp=0(0)
peer#2: ip=2001:db8:1101::16, state=down, changes=0, since=1970-01-01 00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#3: ip=2001:db8:1101::19, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:51:19, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=721149(3453) drp=0(0)
peer#4: ip=2001:db8:1101::88, state=up, changes=1, since=2017-11-03 05:42:16, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0) rx=725393(3473) drp=0(0)
peer#5: ip=2001:db8:1101::4254, state=up, changes=5, since=2017-11-03 09:18:26, heard=00:00:01, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719267(3443) drp=0(0)
peer#6: ip=2001:db8:1101::222:222, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 05:43:39, heard=00:00:00, counter=tx=0(0) rx=717322(3434) drp=0(0)
peer#7: ip=2001:db8:1101::224:224, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 06:00:58, heard=00:00:05, counter=tx=0(0) rx=721776(3456) drp=0(0)
peer#8: ip=2001:db8:1101::225:225, state=up, changes=3, since=2017-11-03 06:00:58, heard=00:00:04, counter=tx=0(0) rx=723255(3463) drp=0(0)
peer#9: ip=2001:db8:1101::226:226, state=up, changes=7, since=2017-11-03 09:21:46, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) rx=719268(3444) drp=0(0)
peer#10: ip=2001:db8:1101::227:227, state=down, changes=0,
since=1970-01-01 00:59:59, heard=never, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)
peer#11: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:252, state=up, changes=1,
since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0)
rx=724832(3472) drp=0(0)
peer#12: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:253, state=up, changes=3,
since=2017-11-03 05:44:19, heard=00:00:03, counter=tx=0(0)
rx=725571(3475) drp=0(0)
peer#13: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:254, state=up, changes=3,
since=2017-11-03 05:43:06, heard=00:00:02, counter=tx=0(0)
rx=724076(3468) drp=0(0)
peer#14: ip=2001:db8:1101::252:255, state=up, changes=1,
since=2017-11-03 05:42:02, heard=00:00:06, counter=tx=0(0) rx=0(0) drp=0(0)

mchome-evpn#

_______________________________________________
BIER mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bier

---

From: matecs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 14:47:51 +0100

hi,
so think about two different bier domains at an asbr.
one is over igp1, the other is over igp2.
the asbr is there to interconnect the domains.

that is clear that the fact that the pim join came
in as bier encapsulated indicates that ihe asbr
have to deal with it. anyway i do not suggest
to do it other ways, so keep the requirement
to bier encap the tunneled joins - just set
the destination to the loopback ip.

because further processing of the pim packet have to
find out the bier domain, where the join came from.
this is where unicasting comes in: one can set up
lo1 for igp1 and lo2 for igp2, and pim can simply
guess the domain based on which interface was
addressed.
bfir (or bit set in bitstring) in the bier header
is useless since there could be collisions between
the domains.
source ip is another option, but that may or may not
have bfr id advertised to.
and the last one is the ingress interface of the bier
packet, but in the arch, it is said that bier domain
not have to be contiguous, so there may be
bier-on-the-stick implementations, so this is also
not 100% solution.

regards,
cs

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 10:57:13 -0700

> sorry to bother you again, i swear this will be my last mail for a long

That's probably the _last_ thing we want you to do ... Fire away as much
you desire, Csaba. It's excellent we have open source BIER work going on
and "I implemented it and how's that supposed to work now?" is
significantly more important than bunch of "I have an idea for BIER" drafts
@ this point in time ...

--- tony