Subject: [Bridge-mib] Reading Associated Station (to an AP) Mac Address from a Switch

From: "calvin kaiwen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:53:31 +0800

Hi,

My task is as following:-

(1) I have a Cisco 350 Series AP connected to a Dlink DES-3226 switch.

(2) I can read OIDs which shows a list of MAC address of associated station
to the AP using net-snmp software

For example:-

//getting dlink 3226 switch system decription
[root@son-ag Users]# snmpget -v1 -c public 192.168.8.168 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: D-Link DES-3226 Ethernet Switch

(3) Now, can I read this from a Switch? In other words, does a Switch keep
a list of mac address of associated station on a AP? Instead of reading
those values form Cisco AP, I wish I can read it from the Dlink Switch. If
yes, which OIDs can give me the values I wanted? Which RFC discussed about
this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Calvin

_______________________________________________
Bridge-mib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bridge-mib