Subject: [anonsec] Status

From: hartmans-ietf at mit.edu (Sam Hartman)
Date: Mon Jan 17 09:05:51 2005

I realize there has not been much apparent activity.  I have been
working on a few things behind the scenes.

First, I've been discussing the idea of a BTNS working group with
Russ, the IESG and IAB.  I'm trying to understand concerns and respond
to them.

Most of my time has been spend understanding RFC 2401bis, its
processing model and the implications for BTNS.  I think careful
thought is going to have to be given to how any application profiles
use of IPsec to help some higher layer under the 2401bis model.  I
believe this work is important both for BTNS and for the channel
bindings interests.  Thinking about PAD and SPD interactions is also
going to be tricky.

I've also been thinking about potential working group chairs.

I realize I've been letting things drag out especially if we want to
have something established by IETF 62.  There's a lot of stuff to
learn as a new AD.

I do hope to have some more concrete status to the list in a few days.

--Sam

---

From: gregory-ietf at earthlink.net (Gregory M Lebovitz)
Date: Wed Jan 26 15:02:18 2005

Sam,
any update on this yet? Or did I accidently delete it?

At 09:05 AM 1/17/2005, Sam Hartman wrote:

>_______________________________________________

---

From: hartmans-ietf at mit.edu (Sam Hartman)
Date: Thu Jan 27 13:44:21 2005

>>>>> "Gregory" == Gregory M Lebovitz <[email-masked]> writes:

    Gregory> Sam, any update on this yet? Or did I accidently delete
    Gregory> it?

I think I've found someone who would be willing to help lead a
discussion on charter and/or chair a second BOF.  I need to write up
mail to Joe discussing this and some suggestions for the charter.
Then hopefully we will bring it to the list.