Subject: [anonsec] BTNS BOF follow-up items

From: weiler at tislabs.com (Samuel Weiler)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:28:31 -0500 (EST)

Following up on Monday's BOF, I have a few requests:

-- I'd appreciate it if those who volunteered to edit doucments would
   send a note to me (and the list, if you like) reminding me of what
   portions of the work items you're interested in.  Please provide as
   much detail as you like, including how interested you are in the
   different pieces (e.g. you'd do it if no one else wanted to) and
   about who you'd like to work with (or don't want to work with) as a
   co-editor.  This will all get passed along to the chairs, when
   they're appointed.

-- Would anyone with good notes from the meeting please send them to
   me, to be used by our designated scribe (Yushun Wang) to fill in
   gaps in his minutes?

-- Those with comments on the charter text, particularly the work
   items, are encouraged to send them to the ADs.

-- The ADs also solicited nominations for WG chair (with
   self-nomination allowed).  Send those privately to the ADs.

-- And... if there's a piece of work you think needs to be added to
   the charter, now's the moment to speak up.

---

From: pekka.nikander at nomadiclab.com (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:06:26 -0600

>    co-editor.  This will all get passed along to the chairs, when

I am interested in contributing to the last two items in the charter
proposal, mostly from an architectural channel bindings point of view.
As I expressed in the meeting, I find the work as an small but important
step from the identifier/locator split point of view.  If it indeed
becomes possible to manage secured connections between hosts using
an identifier that has clear security semantics instead of just using
IP addresses, I would applaud that as an important step for this
community.

As I indicated, my primary interest here is architectural, and I am
willing to produce text from that point of view.  With that in mind,
I'm willing to contribute some initial text for the e) document, i.e.
explain the situation for higher-level protocol designers from the
architectural, identifier/locator split point of view.

>    the charter, now's the moment to speak up.

I would like the situation wrt. channel bindings to be clarified.
I find the current charter proposal somewhat ambiguous.

--Pekka Nikander

---

From: touch at ISI.EDU (Joe Touch)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:22:02 -0800

>    co-editor.  This will all get passed along to the chairs, when

I'm interested in the "Problem statement" (which I prefer to call item 
#1, rather than "Framework" as it was listed), and the "Applicability 
Statement" (item #2), merging the two as a single doc, as was suggested.

As to the other docs, I would be glad to provide feedback primarily.

Joe

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 263 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.postel.org/pipermail/anonsec/attachments/20050310/f8e08489/signature.bin
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 254 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://www.postel.org/pipermail/anonsec/attachments/20050310/f8e08489/signature-0001.bin

---

From: Nicolas.Williams at sun.com (Nicolas Williams)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:28:33 -0600

>    co-editor.  This will all get passed along to the chairs, when

I'll be writing a document on:

 - BTNS use of IKEv1/2 and 2401/2401bis in *BITS* (and BITW) mode
 - BTNS use of IKEv1/2 and 2401/2401bis in *native* mode
    - which includes specification of how to construct IPsec "channels"
      and references to API requirements

and related matters, which will cover, IIRC, parts of items (c) through
(d) or even (e).

This will be an individual submission I-D.

>    items, are encouraged to send them to the ADs.

I think we should review the charter after we get some comments to the
I-D I promise above.

>    the charter, now's the moment to speak up.

See above.

Nico
--