Subject: [anonsec] roberts comments on prob-and-applic-00 and -01

From: lha at it.su.se (Love Hörnquist Åstrand)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:02:03 -0800

Hello

Some time ago I asked some friends of mine to review the PS/AS  
documents.
The night before leaving for IETF-64 I was over for dinner at Robert  
Burgess
and he had some comments on the document, but since he haven't sent
them to the list, I'm do it for him.

The general comments was that -01 is a great improvement over -00.

The amount of abbreviations are bad since they are so closed to each
other (S-SAB vs SAB), we confused each other some some times because  
of that.

Robert found the idea of removing authentication much clearer but the  
document
was really lacking in the channel-binding case. He saw many more  
features
that could be mentioned, like moving encryption to IPsec layer for  
performance
reasons (this is indirectly mentioned in introduction, but not in the  
text itself), ability
to change encryption to a stronger encryption for the application  
without modifying
the transport itself.

Love

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: PGP.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 186 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://www.postel.org/pipermail/anonsec/attachments/20051106/3c7a4fee/PGP.bin