Subject: [anonsec] BTNS IETF65 session summary

From: lha at it.su.se (Love Hörnquist Åstrand)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:40:46 -0600

IETF-65 BTNS Session Summary
March 20, 9.00-11.30
============================

BTNS held its third meeting in Dallas. Three documents where discussed
during the meeting, the "Problem and Applicability Statement", "An
Unauthenticated Mode of IPsec", and "IPsec Channels: Connection
Latching", the two later accepted as working group document since the
last meeting.

Joe Touch talked about the Problem and Applicability Statement
document. There are four outstanding issues, and hopefully next
revision of the document can go to working group last call.

Nicolas Williams made a presentation of his drafts "An Unauthenticated
Mode of IPsec" and "IPsec Channels: Connection Latching". The group
thought that direction of document was the right one. There was
consensus that the document was too tense, and that Nicolas needed
fill in more details how it should work and how it would fit into
IPsec processing.

There was a short discussion on how to proceed with the API item from
the charter. Sam Hartman with help from David Black will present at
next IETF. Michael Richardson promised to look at the old API
requirements document that he and Bill Sommerfeld made for IPSP.

Decisions
=========

* Require support of bare keys, and add self-signed certificates as a  
SHOULD.
* The IKE extentions will be folded into the core document and Michael
   Richardson help Nicolas with document as a co editor.

Action items
============

* Re-spin PS/AS document, submit document in May, and take to WG-LC
* Address comments on Nicolas?s drafts
* Start up work on IPsec interfaces draft

Updated milestones
==================

Done	First version of SPD and/or PAD extensions draft
May 06	WG LC on problem and applicability statement (a+b)
Done	First version of IKE extensions draft (if needed)
May 06	First version of IPsec interfaces draft (e)
May 06	Submit problem and applicability statement to IESG (a+b)
Aug 06	WG LC on IKE extensions (c)
Aug 06	WG LC on SPD and/or PAD extensions (d)
Sep 06	Submit IKE extensions to the IESG
Sep 06	Submit SPD and/or PAD extensions to the IESG
Nov06	WG LC on IPsec interfaces draft
Nov06	Submit IPsec interfaces draft to the IESG
Mar 06	Recharter or close the WG

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: PGP.sig
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 186 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://www.postel.org/pipermail/anonsec/attachments/20060322/2a59b0dd/PGP.bin