Subject: [anonsec] IPsec Application Programming Interfaces

From: miika at iki.fi (Miika Komu)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:23:36 +0300 (EEST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

         Title           : IPsec Application Programming Interfaces
         Author(s)       : M. Komu
         Filename        : draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt
         Pages           : 13
         Date            : 2006-10-9

    Usually network layer security through IPsec is transparent for
    applications.  Usually, they cannot detect the presence of IPsec or
    affect its security properties.  This document specifies extensions
    to increase the visibility of IPsec to applications through a low
    level sockets API.  In addition, a higher layer APIs based on GSS is
    also defined.  The GSS based APIs increase security level of the
    application through the dual use of both transport and network layer
    security.  It can be also used to improve protocol performance by
    reducing redundant authentications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-komu-btns-api-00.txt

-- 
Miika Komu                                       http://www.iki.fi/miika/