Subject: [anonsec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:30:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Better-Than-Nothing Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPsec Channels: Connection Latching
	Author(s)       : N. Williams
	Filename        : draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-01-10

This document specifies, abstractly, how to interface applications
and transport protocols with IPsec so as to create "channels" by
"latching" "connections" (packet flows) to certain IPsec Security
Association (SA) parameters for the lifetime of the connections.
This can be used to protect applications against accidentally
exposing live packet flows to unintended peers, whether as the result
of a reconfiguration of IPsec or as the result of using weak peer
identity to peer address associations.

Weak association of peer ID and peer addresses is at the core of
Better Than Nothing Security (BTNS), thus connection latching can add
a significant measure of protection to BTNS IPsec nodes.  A model of
of connection latching is given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-05.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________