Subject: Re: [anonsec] AD review comments on draft-ietf-btns-core

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 23:51:41 -0600

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 03:25:07PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> 
> 
> Hi.  I've sent the core document to last call.  It was not as readable
> as I would like.  If you get a bunch of comments back from people who
> do not understand you probably should take a style and readability
> pass.
> 
> I have two changes I'd like te request as last call comments myself.
> 
> First, when you require bare RSA cert payloads, please reference a
> specific section of the IKE V2 spec for a definition of this.  Also,

OK (RFC4306, section 3.6).

> how can BTNS work with DSA if nodes are required to include RSA
> payloads?

A bare DSA payload would have to be defined.  We could change the
language to require the use of a bare public key payload and point out
that currently there is only a bare RSA key payload.

> Please replace the statement in section 4.2 that leap of faith is
> being handled by BTNS with a statement that it is an item for future
> work.

This is already done in -05.

I'll make the other changes and post -06.
_______________________________________________