Subject: [btns] I-D Action:draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Better-Than-Nothing Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPsec Channels: Connection Latching
	Author(s)       : N. Williams
	Filename        : draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-10.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2009-04-09

This document specifies, abstractly, how to interface applications
and transport protocols with IPsec so as to create "channels" by
latching "connections" (packet flows) to certain IPsec Security
Association (SA) parameters for the lifetime of the connections.
Connection latching is layered on top of IPsec and does not modify
the underlying IPsec architecture.

Connection latching can be used to protect applications against
accidentally exposing live packet flows to unintended peers, whether
as the result of a reconfiguration of IPsec or as the result of using
weak peer identity to peer address associations.  Weak association of
peer ID and peer addresses is at the core of Better Than Nothing
Security (BTNS), thus connection latching can add a significant
measure of protection to BTNS IPsec nodes.

Finally, the availability of IPsec channels will make it possible to
use channel binding to IPsec channels.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.