Subject: [ietf-calsify] Issue 9 of Reinhold Kainhofer's iTIP Review

From: Caleb Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:02:26 -0800

Issue 9 of Reinhold Kainhofer's iTIP Review

Hello,

I have an issue with the changes recently made in rfc2445bis-09 and 
2446bis-08 as a result of Issue 9 of Reinhold Kainhofer's iTIP Review.

In <draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-09 section 3.8.7.4. Sequence Number> 
the following statement was added:

"Recurrence instances of a recurring component MAY have different 
sequence numbers."

There were also some changes made to <draft-ietf-calsify-2446bis-08 
section 2.1.5. Message Sequencing>, although I am still trying to 
determine the implications of those changes.

As discussed in this thread started by Cyrus Daboo (it occurred on this 
mailing list in October 2007): 
http://osdir.com/ml/ietf.calsify/2007-10/msg00004.html, there are severe 
consequences if two CUAs differ on their opinion of how to increment 
SEQUENCE. There is a good example of potential problems in that thread, 
and I believe the conclusion was that keeping one SEQUENCE per 
recurrence set was the superior approach.

-- 
Caleb Richardson
Everyone.net
_______________________________________________
ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: "Robert Ransdell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 13:43:47 -0500

It does not work for bumping sequence number only on entire recurrence 
set.
When individual occurrences are rescheduled,  the chair needs to check for 
next sequence number over entire set and set that sequence just for that 
occurrence one past the last sequence number used .  The invitees will 
accept that occurrence reschedule and return an accept/decline using that 
sequence number.  The chair matches response on sequence number for 
occurrence and marks status updated/decline for that occurrence. 

From:
Caleb Richardson <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked]
Date:
11/07/2008 10:39 PM
Subject:
[ietf-calsify] Issue 9 of Reinhold Kainhofer's iTIP Review
Sent by:
[email-masked]

Hello,