Subject: [calsify] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 11:18:54 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for addressing my Discuss points!

The new FlightReservation in §5.4 looks much more plausible; thanks.  I
guess I shouldn't complain that the dates are in 2017...

Section 5.1

While I can't fault the move from param-value to [list of quoted
string], I don't remember what the motivation was for that change.

Section 6.2

   If there is a related ATTENDEE proeprty then all parameters must

nit: s/proeprty/property/

Section 7.2

   For backwards compatibility wuth existing clients and servers when
   used to schedule events and tasks the ATTENDEE property MUST be used
   to specify the sheduling parameters as defined for that property.

nit: s/sheduling/scheduling/

   For other, future uses the CALENDAR-ADDRESS property MUST be used to
   specify those parameters.

I trust the responsible AD to ensure that this new requirement has
received the appropriate level of (WG and community) review.

Section 9

Thanks for the updates to the Security Considerations; they're a big
help!  I did make one further suggested improvement in my response
to my previous ballot's email thread.

Appendix B

At least some of the new versions are in 2020, not 2019