Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-vcard-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 11:22:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : JSContact: Converting from and to vCard
        Authors         : Mario Loffredo
                          Robert Stepanek
	Filename        : draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-vcard-00.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   This document defines how to convert contact information as defined
   in the JSContact [draft-ietf-calext-jscontact] specification from and
   to vCard.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-vcard/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-vcard-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Joris Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 20:16:41 +0100

Hi,

we are currently in the process of implementing that draft. So far, we 
found two discussion-worthy things I wanted to share:

  * Currently there are only `private` and `work` defined as Context
    (see
    https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-01.html#name-context
    ). We observed multiple systems (e.g. Roundcube or Android Contacts)
    where `other` can be chosen as a value for context as well. vCards
    with `other` currently cannot be mapped to JSContact. It might make
    sense to extend the values of Context with `other`.
  * When mapping from vCard to JSContact it is recommended to use
    `label` to identify the corresponding vCard property (see
    https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-calext-jscontact-vcard-00.html#section-3.5.2
    ). However, it is an optional property for a lot of JSContact
    properties right now. I suggest to either make the `label` a
    mandatory property in JSContact or add a small section on how to
    handle the case of a missing `label` property in a card object.

Regards,

Joris

On 07.03.22 20:22, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

-- 
Joris Baum
Tel: +49 721 170293 16
Fax: +49 721 170293 179

http://www.audriga.com  |http://www.twitter.com/audriga

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
audriga GmbH | Alter Schlachthof 57 | 76137 Karlsruhe
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe - Amtsgericht Mannheim - HRB 713034
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Dengler, Dr.-Ing. Hans-Jörg Happel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------