Subject: [CCAMP] IPR Disclosure: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-13

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 08:42:21 -0800

Dear Young Lee, Greg Bernstein, Dan Li, Wataru Imajuku:

 An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Routing and
Wavelength Assignment Information Model for Wavelength Switched Optical
Networks" (draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info) was submitted to the IETF Secretariat on
2012-01-09 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property Rights
Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1662/). The title of the IPR
disclosure is "Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd's Statement about IPR related to
draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-13."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:57:56 -0500

Young, Greg,
	Can you comment on the timing of this IPR disclosure and how it relates
to the "timely IPR disclosure" requirements RFC 3979, notably Section 6.2.1?

For context of others, the IPR covered in the disclosure are two patent
applications listing Young and Greg and filed in June and July of 2008.

Much thanks,
Lou and Deborah

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:19:01 -0500

CCAMP co-chairs,

	 This IPR claim is clearly a violation of the IETF's IPR policies and process. 
I request  that the work on the draft be restarted avoiding the IPR entanglement
that is likely to ensue with the current work.

	--Tom

On Jan 11, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Lou Berger wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>

---

From: Leeyoung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 16:05:27 +0000

Hi Lou and Deborah.

Sorry about this issue. I was confused about the processing of IPR disclosures and the timelines of individual disclosures within IETF.
This has been a beneficial exchange as I have now gotten further clarification on the process.

Moving forward I hope to be 100% in alignment with IETF policy. 

I apologize for my confusion. 

Young 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lou Berger [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:58 PM
To: Leeyoung; [email-masked]
Cc: IETF Secretariat; Huawei danli; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IPR Disclosure: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-info-13

Young, Greg,

Much thanks,
Lou and Deborah