Subject: Re: [CCAMP] New Version Notification for draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 17:05:42 +0800

Hi all

we have uploaded a new version of 
draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num.

According to the discussion online and offline, since the LSP identifiers 
related information are already defined in the draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-02, and the Extended 
ASSOCIATION object can be used in a single session or across sessions but 
no matching
Path or Resv state needed, the draft 
draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num is restructured based on 
the Extended ASSOCIATION object.

Maybe the only "distinct" thing is that a new Association Type "LSP 
Identifiers" with type-specific rules are introduced in the draft, which 
can be used in a single session, or across session but no needed matching 
state. There is suggestion that the Association Types defined in the draft 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-03 
can be reused here, however, the requirements are different and the 
processing rocedures are also dissimilar, it is hard to merge these 
contentions in a single draft...

Below is the link
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-02

Any comments or contributions are welcome :)

Best regards

Fei

[email-masked] 
2012-03-07 16:20

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
New Version Notification for 
draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-02.txt

A new version of I-D, 
draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num-02.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Fei Zhang and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-zhang-ccamp-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-tunnel-num
Revision:                 02
Title:                            RSVP-TE Extensions to Exchange MPLS-TP 
LSP Identifiers
Creation date:            2012-03-07
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7

Abstract:
   The MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) identifiers document [RFC6370]
   specifies an initial set of identifiers, such as local assigned
   tunnel number and Global_ID, which can be used to form Maintenance
   Entity Point Identifier (MEP_ID).  As to some Operation,
   Administration and Maintenance (OAM) functions, such as Connectivity
   Verification (CV) [RFC6428], source MEP_ID must be inserted in the
   OAM packets, so that the peer endpoint can compare the received and
   expected MEP_IDs to judge whether there is a mismatch [RFC6371],
   which means that the two MEP nodes need to pre-store each other&#39;s
   MEP_IDs.

   This document defines the signaling extensions to exchange the Label
   Switched Path (LSP) identifiers.

The IETF Secretariat