Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Update to draft-farrkingel-ccamp-flexigrid-lambda-label

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:14:50 +0800

Hi, Fatai,

>>Does what I said not touch the tech  points?  I think we can discuss 
more f2f. 

[Lei] Unfortunately, I cannot attend this meeting, but you are welcome to 
discuss with my collegues. :-)

>>I have spent so much time on making Lei understand that 'm' should not 
advertised in the routing, and he finally agreed on what I explained.

[Lei] Yes, I agree that the "m" in start/end label of label set with both 
type 2/3 and type 4 could be removed for better encoding efficiency, and 
this point is presented from my original mail. "In addition, there is not 
any mandatory requirement that the start/end label in label set MUST keep 
the same format with the label in signaling, so I think the meaningless 
part could be simply removed in the label set, both type 2/3 and type 4." 
However, "m" can also be used in label set with type 0/1, and I still 
insist that the use of "m" is necessary in label for signaling.

Back to the label format,  there may be some problem to carry the 'm' in 
the TSPEC if a LSP is not transparent at all. For example, a LSP with a 
O-E-O 3R in an intermediate node, and each segment with different 
modulation format or FEC is assigned. Therefore, different slotwidths are 
needed in two segments. Would we need two TSPEC parameters( two m in 
TSPEC)? According to my understanding, this will not be a issue if we put 
it in the label. 

>>For your question on 6.25GHz CS for fixed grid, we all know that there 
is no this kind of CS for fixed grid. IETF control plane must follow the 
standardized recommendation of ITU-T data plane.

[Lei]New "Grid type" does not deviate from the  ITU-T data plane, as this 
doesn't change any parameters, architecture or usage of flexi-grid that 
has been standardized in ITU-T. In addition, introducing it can make the 
label class more clearer, if we first receive it.  It may help when 
programing.  However, this may not be a big issue, we can see more 
feedback from the WG.

Best Regards

Lei Wang

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.