Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:40:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ASON Routing for OSPFv2 Protocols
	Author(s)       : Andrew G. Malis
                          Acee Lindem
                          Dimitri Papadimitriou
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2012-06-19

Abstract:
   The ITU-T has defined an architecture and requirements for operating
   an Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).

   The Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) protocol suite
   is designed to provide a control plane for a range of network
   technologies including optical networks such as time division
   multiplexing (TDM) networks including SONET/SDH and Optical Transport
   Networks (OTNs), and lambda switching optical networks.

   The requirements for GMPLS routing to satisfy the requirements of
   ASON routing, and an evaluation of existing GMPLS routing protocols
   are provided in other documents.  This document defines extensions to
   the OSPFv2 Link State Routing Protocol to meet the requirements for
   routing in an ASON.

   Note that this work is scoped to the requirements and evaluation
   expressed in RFC 4258 and RFC 4652 and the ITU-T Recommendations
   current when those documents were written.  Future extensions of
   revisions of this work may be necessary if the ITU-T Recommendations
   are revised or if new requirements are introduced into a revision of
   RFC 4258. This document obsoletes RFC 5787 and updates RFC 5786.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc5787bis-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/