Subject: [CCAMP] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-berger-ccamp-swcaps-update-02.txt

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 08:01:55 -0400

All,
	We have removed the ITH (old ILH) field from this draft as it seemed to
us that the general sw caps changes (deprecating PSC2->4, revising
definition of SW caps/type) reflected general WG agreement while ITH was
too immature to have the same level of support.

Lou (as co-author)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-berger-ccamp-swcaps-update-02.txt
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:22:12 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Revised Definition of The GMPLS Switching Capability
and Type Fields
	Author(s)       : Lou Berger
                          Julien Meuric
	Filename        : draft-berger-ccamp-swcaps-update-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-07-04

Abstract:
   GMPLS provides control for multiple switching technologies, and
   hierarchical switching within a technology.  GMPLS routing and
   signaling use common values to indicate switching technology type.
   These values are carried in routing in the Switching Capability
   field, and in signaling in the Switching Type field. While the
   values using in these fields are the primary indicators of the
   technology and hierarchy level being controlled, the values are
   not consistently defined and used across the different
   technologies supported by GMPLS.  This document is intended to
   resolve the inconsistent definition and use of the Switching
   Capability and Type fields by narrowly scoping the meaning and use
   of the fields.  This document updates any document that uses the
   GMPLS Switching Capability and Types fields, in particular RFC
   3471, RFC 4202, RFC 4203, and RFC 5307.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-berger-ccamp-swcaps-update

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-berger-ccamp-swcaps-update-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-berger-ccamp-swcaps-update-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt