Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:43:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metrics in Generalized MPLS/ MPLS-TE Networks
	Author(s)       : Weiqiang Sun
                          Guoying Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-08.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2012-08-31

Abstract:
   When setting up a label switched path (LSP) in Generalized MPLS and
   MPLS/TE networks, the completion of the signaling process does not
   necessarily mean that the cross connection along the LSP have been
   programmed accordingly and in a timely manner.  Meanwhile, the
   completion of signaling process may be used by LSP users or
   applications that control their use as indication that data path has
   become usable.  The existence of the inconsistency between the
   signaling messages and cross connection programing, and the possible
   failure of cross connection programming, if not properly treated,
   will result in data loss or even application failure.
   Characterization of this performance can thus help designers to
   improve the way in which LSPs are used and to make applications or
   tools that depend on and use LSPs more robust.  This document defines
   a series of performance metrics to evaluate the connectivity of data
   path in the signaling process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/