Subject: [CCAMP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-07.txt> (GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in support of Flexi-grid DWDM networks) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 08:34:30 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Common Control and Measurement
Plane WG (ccamp) to consider the following document:
- 'GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in support of Flexi-grid DWDM networks'
  <draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The International Telecommunication Union Telecommunication
   Standardization Sector (ITU-T) has extended its Recommendations
   G.694.1 and G.872 to include a new Dense Wavelength Division
   Multiplexing (DWDM) grid by defining a set of nominal central
   frequencies, channel spacings, and the concept of the "frequency
   slot". Corresponding techniques for data-plane connections are know
   as flexi-grid.

   Based on the characteristics of flexi-grid defined in G.694.1, RFC
   7698 and 7699, this document describes the OSPF-TE extensions in
   support of GMPLS control of networks that include devices that use
   the new flexible optical grid.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.