Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in support of Flexi-grid DWDM networks' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 08:58:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'GMPLS OSPF-TE Extensions in support of Flexi-grid DWDM networks'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-flexible-grid-ospf-ext/

Technical Summary

The document defines necessary OSPF-TE extensions for GMPLS in order to support
new flexible grid data plane functionality that is defined in ITU-T Recommendation
G.694.1 for DWDM networks. Currently, OSPF-TE for GMPLS can only be used for
fixed grid DWDM networks. The document extends RFC4203 and RFC7580.

Working Group Summary

This document has been reviewed by the CCAMP working group and received
comments at IETF meetings and on the mailing list. There were no problems 
with reaching WG consensus.

Document Quality

The work has had contributions from a larger group of people.
Additionally, the work has had external review form the IDEALIST EU project.
One of the IDEALIST goals is to foster elastic optical networks equipped with
a multi-domain and multi-technology control plane enabling adaptive network
and service interworking. Several optical equipment vendors are participating
in this project.

A significant number of vendors are considering the implementation or have
already an implementation of the protocol extensions for their DWDM products
supporting the flexible grid.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Dieter Beller
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard