Subject: [CCAMP] New drafts versions for Flexi-grid YANG models

From: Jorge E. López de Vergara Méndez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 09:23:47 +0200

Dear CCAMPers,

     We have updated the Flexi-grid YANG models. Most changes have been 
done accordingly to requests and comments. We have split previous work 
it in two drafts:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vergara-ccamp-flexigrid-yang/05/

  * In this version we have taken the media-channel model out to a new
    draft (see below).
  * TED model has been updated to be compatible with last changes on TE
    Topology model.
  * Transponder attributes are not longer part of this model.
    Operational modes are used instead. These modes are compliant with
    ITU-T G.698.2 (11/2009) (See section 5.3 of the recommendation).
  * Other minor changes in TED model have also been included (e.g.
    default slot width granularity).
  * More precise explanations in the example of use.
  * As future work, we will study if ports should be LTP to be more
    coherent with the TE models.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vergara-ccamp-flexigrid-media-channel-yang/

  * This new draft contains the media-channel model which was previously
    part of the draft above.
  * Flexi-grid media-channels are now augmenting TE-Tunnel. Therefore,
    some attributes are not longer necessary, since TE-Tunnel model
    already contained them.
  * Link-channel (list of the concatenated elements of the
    media-channel) is now re-using LSP from TE-Tunnel.
  * More precise explanations in the example of use.
  * In future versions, and after the discussion to be held in next IETF
    meeting in Prague, we'll clarify the terminology (use either
    media-channel or tunnel, decide which of them is the most
    suitable),  or the use of LTP to model ports so that this model
    doesn't need to use transponder characteristics.

We have seen there are some problems in the YANG validation, and we have 
figured out that they are caused by other validation errors in 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/ . 
Hopefully, when such draft validates, ours will validate as well.

Best regards,

-Jorge

-- 
__     _         __   __  Jorge E. López de Vergara Méndez, Ph.D.
\/     V   /\   |\_\ /\_\ Escuela Politécnica Superior
||     |  /  \  ||  \/  | Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
||     | / /\ \ ||      | http://www.eps.uam.es/~jlopezv
||     |/ ____ \|| \  / | mailto:[email-masked]
`-____-/_/    \_\|_|\/|_| Tel. +34 91 497 22 46