Subject: [CCAMP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 00:10:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transport Northbound Interface Applicability Statement and Use Cases
        Authors         : Italo Busi
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-10-09

Abstract:
   Transport network domains, including Optical Transport Network (OTN)
   and Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) networks, are typically
   deployed based on a single vendor or technology platforms. They are
   often managed using proprietary interfaces to dedicated Element
   Management Systems (EMS), Network Management Systems (NMS) and
   increasingly Software Defined Network (SDN) controllers.

   A well-defined open interface to each domain management system or
   controller is required for network operators to facilitate control
   automation and orchestrate end-to-end services across multi-domain
   networks. These functions may be enabled using standardized data
   models (e.g. YANG), and appropriate protocol (e.g., RESTCONF).

   This document describes the key use cases and requirements for
   transport network control and management. It reviews proposed and
   existing IETF transport network data models, their applicability,
   and highlights gaps and requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/