Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'OSPF-Traffic Engineering Link Availability Extension for Links with Variable Discrete Bandwidth' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 14:56:31 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF-Traffic Engineering Link Availability Extension for Links with
   Variable Discrete Bandwidth'
  (draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension-13.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-availability-extension/

Technical Summary

A network may contain links with variable discrete bandwidth, e.g.,
copper, radio, etc. The bandwidth of such links may change
discretely in reaction to changing external environment.
This document defines a new type of the Generalized Switching
Capability-specific information (SCSI) TLV to extend the Generalized
Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
routing protocol. The extension can be used for route computation in a
network that contains links with variable discrete bandwidth.

Working Group Summary

This document was reviewed by both CCAMP and TEAS WGs and received
comments at IETF meetings and on the mailing list. Particularly, it was discussed how to
refine the document to make it generic to apply to multiple technologies. 
This document had a joint WG last call between CCAMP and TEAS WGs.
As a result of the Gen-ART review at Last Call, CCAMP and TEAS agreed
to do a new registry, Generalized Switching Capability TLV and have this
as a type entry. As a result, this document has been on hold until that
document and registry was completed.

There were no problems with consensus for this document.
 
Document Quality

The document is concise and was well reviewed.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Fatai Zhang
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard