Subject: [Cellar] matroska-specification pull requests up for review

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:23:32 -0400

Hi CELLAR.

I've been working on the Matroska specification again and opened up a few
PRs for consideration, mostly related to structure.

167 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/167>:
Clears up language in the three indexes for Matroska, Tags, and Codecs.
Mostly just "typo correction." Moritz approved this, thanks mosu.

168 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/168>:
Proposal to remove advice about checking against the Matroska test files,
or proposal to consider moving this to a different part of the spec (it
doesn't "fit in" currently, not under any subheading, so it appears under
the last, which right now is below the Schema.)

169 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/169>:
Removes an extra level-2 header element from the structure section (because
it was the only one, kinda lonely) and adds a space to the beginning of the
Schema section (forcing the build to treat this as a new level-1 section).

170 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/170>:
Proposal to move the "notes.md" section to the end of the specification in
the Makefile. This seems to be miscellaneous and needs some more work done,
possibly moving much of this to other parts of the spec, so seems right to
stick it at the end of the build for now.

Thanks everybody!!!

Ashley

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 16:37:12 -0400

To continue on this tiny sprint of mine...

171 <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/171>:
Small request to add a space between header signifier ("#") and header text.

I just checked in on PR 149
<https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/149> while
there, and it seems to be generally-approved. Is there any reason this
hasn't been merged into master? It resolves a number of issues.

What about the streaming section? I'm working on refining the language
there, requesting comments
<https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/172> in PR 172
(it's pretty short).

Thanks again!

Ashley

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Proposal to move the "notes.md" section to the end of the specification
> in the Makefile. This seems to be miscellaneous and needs some more work
> done, possibly moving much of this to other parts of the spec, so seems
> right to stick it at the end of the build for now.
>
> Thanks everybody!!!
>
> Ashley
>

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 13:21:51 -0400

Hello,

all of these have been resolved, except PR 149 is still outstanding.

I arranged the large Notes section of the Matroska specification in an
attempt to give it more structure. Notes are in the PR on Github:
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/173

Feedback welcome and encouraged!

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> <https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/172> in PR
> 172 (it's pretty short).
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Ashley
>
>
>