Subject: [Cellar] status of FFV1 and EBML drafts

From: Dave Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 10:47:32 -0500

Hi cellar,

At the IETF99 meeting in the minutes at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-99-cellar/ it discusses having a WG last call for FFV1 and EBML but also the need for more reviews of these documents. Is one issue blocking another? Meaning: should the group announce a last call in order to encourage more reviews or are more reviews needed in order to have a last call?

Best Regards,
Dave Rice

---

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:07:03 +0100

Hi,

I won't comment on FFV1, although I should probably read it to see if
there's anything I don't understand.

For EBML I think there are still things to be done:
- clarify how to handle bogus data
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues/48
- kind of relates to junk in Master Elements
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues/92
In the context of long term storage it's probably very important to
solve these issues.

- DocType 0 as experimental/internal. We need to agree on this and then word it
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/ebml-specification/issues/157

After that I think we're good to got for EBML. There's currently no
pending pull request.

2017-11-19 16:47 GMT+01:00 Dave Rice <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar

-- 
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman

---

From: Michael Niedermayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 18:26:01 +0100

> At the IETF99 meeting in the minutes at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-99-cellar/ it discusses having a WG last call for FFV1 and EBML but also the need for more reviews of these document…

There are quite a few things in FFV1 i do want to look at. I just
keep pushing it away as ive too many other things to do
Bayer RGB, floating point samples, palettes, motion compensation, ...
Iam not sure how any of it relates to the "last call" ...
Also in general i would be in favor of "release early, release often"

Thanks

[...]

-- 
Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB

Modern terrorism, a quick summary: Need oil, start war with country that
has oil, kill hundread thousand in war. Let country fall into chaos,
be surprised about raise of fundamantalists. Drop more bombs, kill more
people, be surprised about them taking revenge and drop even more bombs
and strip your own citizens of their rights and freedoms. to be continued