Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v18.0.0 releasedBcc: [email-masked], "Tim Harder" <[email-masked]>, "Lubomor Sedlacik" <[email-masked]>, "Christian Morales Vega" <[email-masked]>, "George Vlahavas" <[email-masked]>

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 13:59:53 +0100

Hey people,

Welcome to release v18.0.0 of MKVToolNix. This is just a smallish bug fix
release which also contains a couple of performance improvements.

There were no changes for package maintainers.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries are available already. The Linux
binaries are stil being built and will be available of the course of
the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 18.0.0 "Apricity" 2017-11-18

## New features and enhancements

* build system: when building with clang v3.8.0 or newer, `configure` will no
  longer restrict optimization flags to `-O1` and use `-O3` again (older
  versions of clang suffered from excessive memory usage with higher
  optimization levels).
* build system: when building with mingw 7.2.0 or newer, `configure` will no
  longer restrict optimization flags to `-O2` and use `-O3` again (older
  versions of mingw suffered from bugs such as segmentation faults with higher
  optimization levels).
* build system: stack protection is enabled when building with clang 3.5.0 or
  newer on all platforms.
* mkvmerge: AVC & HEVC ES parsers: performance improvements by copying much
  less memory around.
* mkvmerge: tags: reintroduced a workaround for non-compliant files with tags
  that do not contain the mandatory `SimpleTag` element. This workaround was
  removed during code refactoring in release v15.0.0.
* GUI: multiplexer: the "AAC is SBR/HE-AAC/AAC+" checkbox in the "audio
  properties" section will be disabled if the functionality is not implemented
  for the selected track's codec & container.
* GUI: multiplexer: the "reduce to core" checkbox in the "audio properties"
  section will be disabled if the functionality is not implemented for the
  selected track's codec. See #2134.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: AAC ADTS parser: fixed interpretation of the
  `channel_configuration` header element for ADTS files that do not contain a
  program configuration element: value 7 means 7.1 channels. Fixes #2151.
* mkvmerge: Matroska identification: the `date_local` and `date_utc`
  attributes will only be output if the identified Matroska file actually
  contains the "date" header field.
* mkvmerge: WebVTT: mkvmerge did not recognize timestamp lines if the hours
  components were absent. Fixes #2139.
* mkvpropedit, GUI's header editor: the `date` header field won't be added
  automatically anymore whenever the segment info section is edited and the
  `date` element is either deleted or not present in the first place. Fixes
  #2143.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu

---

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 14:06:41 +0100

Hey,

…and I fail at email, obviously. My profound apology; I sincerely hope
never to do that again.

Kind regards,
mosu