Subject: [Cellar] MKVToolNix v19.0.0 released

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 18:14:47 +0100

Hey people,

the year's almost over, so I'm just in time for the last release of
the year: MKVToolNix v19.0.0 is out. It's not that big of release, but
it still contains a couple of improvements all over the place — and
two nice performance improvements on Windows that people will likely
notice.

There were no changes for package maintainers.

Here are the usual links:

…to the source code: https://mkvtoolnix.download/source.html
…to the binaries: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

The Windows and macOS binaries are available already. The Linux
binaries are stil being built and will be available of the course of
the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

------------------------------------------------------------
# Version 19.0.0 "Brave Captain" 2017-12-17

## Important notes

* The MKVToolNix project now contains a
  [Code of Conduct](https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md).
* The MKVToolNix project's source code repository, bug tracker and wiki have
  been moved to [GitLab](https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/).

## New features and enhancements

* mkvmerge: splitting by duration, by timestamps or by timestamp-based parts:
  mkvmerge will now consider the first key frame within 1ms of the requested
  value to be eligible for splitting.
* MKVToolNix GUI: the GUI will now save and restore the widths of columns in
  tree and list views. Implements #2057.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: when closing or reloading a modified file,
  the GUI will now focus the first element that's been modified before asking
  the user for confirmation regarding discarding unsaved changes.

## Bug fixes

* mkvmerge: fixed reading text files encoded in UTF-16 order UTF-32 that have
  different forms of line endings (new lines, carriage returns or a mix of
  both). Fixes #2160.
* mkvmerge: MP4 reader: fixed mkvmerge's interpretation of edit list entries
  with `segment_duration == 0` when there's more than one edit list entry. In
  that case mkvmerge was reading the whole content more than once. Fixes
  #2152.
* mkvmerge, GUI's multiplexer: MIME types: added the `font` top-level media
  types from RFC 8081. This means that the following new MIME types for fonts
  can be used: `font/ttf`, `font/otf`, `font/woff` and `font/woff2`.
* mkvmerge: MPEG transport stream reader: fixed slow speed on Windows due to
  lack of buffering.
* mkvextract: fixed slow track extraction speed on Windows due to lack of
  buffering. Fixes #2166.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: changing the "subtitle/chapter character set"
  drop-down was ignored when the selected track was a chapter track. Fixes
  #2165.
* MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: once a "subtitle/chapter character set" was set
  for a track it couldn't be changed back to the empty entry (=
  auto-detection) anymore.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: fixed re-translating several displayed
  strings when the GUI language is changed if the language the GUI was started
  with was not English. Fixes #2159.
* MKVToolNix GUI: header editor: whenever a file did not contain a "date"
  element in its segment information section, the GUI would erroneously ask
  the user to confirm discarding unsaved changes when closing or reloading the
  tab. Fixes #2167.
* MKVToolNix GUI: job queue: jobs are now saved when their status changes in
  addition to when the program exits. Fixes #2168.
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun :)

mosu