Subject: [certid] IESG approval of draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-14

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 19:20:57 -0700

During its telechat earlier today, the IESG approved version -14 of
draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check as a Proposed Standard (not BCP).

I'll leave it to Alexey Melnikov, our sponsoring area director, to
explain the details about where we go from here (e.g., possible
incorporation of small text modifications resulting from the discussion
thread between Matt McCutchen and Jeff Hodges over the last 3 days).

For myself, I fully expect to be working on a bis draft at some point in
the next few years, because I don't think that this I-D is quite the
final word on the topic. However, I do think it brings us closer to wide
consensus regarding application service identity, and that perhaps the
bis draft could be a true BCP (developed, I would think, within the TLS WG).

Thanks to everyone who contributed to and provided feedback on this
document -- your input is very much appreciated!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/