Subject: [codesprints] Grooming and prioritizing the items on EnhancementIdeas

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:16:43 -0500

Folks -

The list of things on the EnhancementIdeas page has gotten pretty long, and it would benefit from an editing/restructuring pass.
While we're doing that, I'd like to capture some sense of priority for each of the items there. It would help to know what each of you 
find the most important.

Please take a moment to skim the list an choose the 3 most important things from your perspective (those that you think we should
focus on earlier rather than later) and reply with that to this list. Don't worry about how hard/easy they might be, and don't feel like 
you're volunteering to make them happen by responding to this question. (You should be volunteering for things on the Sprint page at 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF79Sprint>, and now is also a good time to do that).

For your convenience, the EnhancementIdeas page is at
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/EnhancementIdeas>

Thanks for your help!

RjS

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:16:30 -0400

Add a button to invoke the ARO email list search functions to the main
document page. -- This one is the highest priority to the IESG, and
other have expressed interest too.  Please put this on the top of the
priority list.

****

Complete the new Django-based ID submission tool.  -- Done under
contract, and is almost finished.

Rewrite draft expiration script in Python.
Rewrite IETF last call ending script in Python. -- both of these are
under contract, and they should be done fairly soon.

Better email archive search. For example, "show all emails from
(ietf,iesg,secdir,gen-art,mib-doctors) that have draft-ietf-foo-bar in
the subject line". -- A start was made at this.  It might be good to
have a thread on the tools mail list to figure out where to go next.

Better tools for developing/discussing working group charters -- The
contract was just awarded to develop the specifications.  Wen the
specifications are done, the tool will be developed under contract.

****

Remember search results when clicking "Sign In". -- I find this one
annoying every day!

****

Add IPR information to IETF Last Call announcements automatically --
This is very important for everyone.

Add document names to the Subject line of Protocol Action and Document
Action messages (see <
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/codesprints/current/msg00136.html>
-- Many people have expressed a desire for the Internet-Draft name in
the subject line.

On 10/20/2010 1:16 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:40:05 +0200

Hi Russ,

> other have expressed interest too.  Please put this on the top of the

Done, as reflected on the EnhancementIdeas page now:

  http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/EnhancementIdeas

> contract, and is almost finished.

Ack.  Taken off the sprint issue list.

> under contract, and they should be done fairly soon.

Ack.  Taken off the sprint issue list

> have a thread on the tools mail list to figure out where to go next.

Prioritized (but below your first priority)

> specifications are done, the tool will be developed under contract.

Ack.  Taken off the sprint issue list, with an explanatory note.

> Remember search results when clicking "Sign In". -- I find this one

Added to priority list.

> This is very important for everyone.

Added to priority list

> -- Many people have expressed a desire for the Internet-Draft name in

Added to priority list.

Best,

	Henrik