Subject: [codesprints] commiting back code - svn question

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 09:03:37 +0000

Hiya,

So I checked out a tree and made some changes. I'm getting
authentication errors when I try to commit even if I specify
(what I think is) the right username on the command line.
(And yes, I did check that I'm using the same password that
let's me edit tools wiki pages.)

The most recent thing I tried was:

$ svn --username [email-masked] commit -m "ready to est but
needs more test"
Authentication realm: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org:443> IETF
Password for [email-masked]': <PWDHERE>

Authentication realm: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org:443> IETF
Username: ^Csvn: E200015: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E200015: The operation was interrupted
svn: E120191: Additional errors:
svn: E120191: Error running context: The requested authentication
type(s) are not supported
$

That was a few minutes ago (about UTC 0845 or so) if someone
is looking in some log.

I vaguely recall some svn weirdness related to this from years
ago, but can't seem to ressurect details.

Any hints appreciated, and sorry for what may be a FAQ. (But I
didn't see it asked in the archive for this list, so I thought
I'd try here.)

TIA,
S.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 17:08:31 +0100

Hi Stephen,

I'm pretty sure this is my fault, in that I've missed adding you to
sprint ACL.  Done now; would you be kind enough to give it another
try?

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2015-11-09 10:03, Stephen Farrell wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> codesprints mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints
>

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 16:20:09 +0000

Ah - indeed that worked now. Thanks.

S.