Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v6.17.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:12:16 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.17.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.17.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Speedier REST API and Newest-First Search Result Ordering**

  This is a small combined feature and bugfix release. 

  It introduces better sort capability for document search results which are
  too large to present all search result items on one page.  Since 6.12.0 it
  has been possible to do both reverse and regular client-side sorts on the
  various search result columns when all the search results did fit on one
  page, but for truncated results only ascending sorts has been possible.  For
  the date column in particular, this was mostly less than useful, as it would
  present the oldest results first, rather than the most recent.  This has now
  been remedied; sorting in both directions is available also for large
  document search results.

  This release also contains various speed-related fixes.  Of particular note
  is speed imporvements of heavy REST API queries on the order of a factor 4,
  by adding caching, and speed improvements of a factor 20 for some heavy
  legacy pages, by limiting the rendered content to what is actually needed.

  Details:

  * Tweaked the test-crawler to give the same log line format for exception 
    failures as for regular log lines.

  * Merged in [10932] from [email-masked]:
    Restrict related documents included in the 1wg-charter* views to those
    that update or obsolete WG produced RFCs.  

  * Fixed some typos.

  * Introduced caching for the REST API resources by subclassed tastypie's
    ToOneField in order to provide caching for FK entries.

  * Removed obsolete Submission.idnits_message field.

  * Added an admin model class for SubmissionEvent.

  * Tweaked the mkdevbranch utility script to be able to make a branch for 
    one specific developer on request.

  * Corrected the path to the wrapper for postconfirm used by the draft- 
    and wg-aliases.

  * Added a workaround for thread import lock problem,
    http://bugs.python.org/issue7980.

  * Renamed a bunch of identically named MainTestCase classes.

  * Removed unused idnits_message field on Submission model.

  * Added reverse sort capability to truncated document search views.  Aligned
    the sort direction arrow with that used for the client-side tablesorter
    for untruncated results.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  16 Mar 2016 06:23:29 -0700

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.17.0'

For development, check out the new development version instead:
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.17.1.dev0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)