Subject: [codesprints] FYI Code Sprint prep: updating Docker on MacOS

From: "A. Jean Mahoney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 14:42:33 -0500

I was updating my environment for the upcoming Code Sprint, and received 
the following message after installing the latest Docker CE (Version 
18.06.1-ce-mac73) on my MacBook Pro (OS X Sierra):

----------------------
   You are currently using the AUFS storage driver. AUFS support
   will be removed in the next major release of Docker Desktop.

   You can continue with AUFS in Docker Desktop 18.06.x, but you
   will need to reset disk image (in Preferences > Reset menu)
   before updating to the next major update.

   You can check documentation to save images and backup volumes.

							[OK]
----------------------

The driver doesn't change for this release, and I can run the 
hello-world test.

Docker documentation says the following about changing storage drivers:

Important: When you change the storage driver, any existing images and 
containers become inaccessible. This is because their layers cannot be 
used by the new storage driver. If you revert your changes, you can 
access the old images and containers again, but any that you pulled or 
created using the new driver are then inaccessible.

FWIW

Jean