Subject: [codesprints] New datatracker release: v6.98.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 07:20:23 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, 
v6.98.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

ietfdb (6.98.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  **Refactoring of the primary index type for Document and DocAlias objects**

  This release contains a series of 216 migration steps that changes the
  Document and DocAlias primary keys from character strings to integers, and
  makes corresponding code changes.

  This was prompted by database limitations discovered when trying to make
  DocAlias use a m2m document field; with 255 long strings as primary keys for
  Document and DocAlias this violated the MySQL database limitations.

  Changing the primary keys to integers should also improve efficiency.  

  Additionally, in order to make it possible to have DocAlias objects referring
  to multiple documents, in order to reflect STD and BCP names that refer to 
  multiple RFCs, DocAlias has been refactored to use many-to-many tables instead
  of foreign keys do toduments.

  Due to the data migrations which create the new integer primary keys and adds
  corresponding integer foreign keys matching the previous string foreign keys
  in all tables having foreign keys to Document and DocAlias, some of these
  migrations take a long time.  The total set of migrations are expected to have
  a runtime on the order of 2 hours.

  This release is scheduled to be deployed on 16 Jun 2019 at 16:00 UTC, with
  an expected datatracker downtime, for safety backup and application of the
  migrations to run, of about 3 hours.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  16 Jun 2019 14:16:12 +0000

The new version is available for installation through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/6.98.0'

For development, copy the new development version instead:
  'svn copy https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.98.1.dev0' <YOURBRANCH>

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Tianran Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 01:28:24 +0000

Hi Henrik,

I cannot see the individual drafts from the WG data tracker, i.e., only RFCs and WG documents. For example:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/opsawg/documents/

Does this caused by the latest release?

Regards,
Tianran

> -----Original Message-----
> From: WGChairs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Henrik
> Levkowetz
> Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:20 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: New datatracker release: v6.98.0
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> This is an automatic notification about a new datatracker release, v6.98.0,
> generated when running the mkrelease script.
> 
> Release notes:
> 
>   'svn copy
> https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/ietfdb/tags/dev/6.98.1.dev0'
> <YOURBRANCH>
> 
> Regards,
> 
> 	Henrik