Subject: Re: [codesprints] A new SVN branch for you for IETF datatracker coding, based on dev tag 7.10.1.dev0.

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 20:42:04 -0700

On 7/22/20 3:00 PM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> There's also a new database dump available at
> https://www.ietf.org/lib/dt/sprint/ietf_utf8.sql.gz -- this dump is served
> via CDN, and should hopefully be swifter to download than the alternatives.
>
I'm not quite sure what to so with this, since the procedure on
SprintCoderSetup is for working with a .bin.tar.bz2 file. It looks like
this expands to a file I need to import into mysql, but I don't even
have a mysql on my laptop except within the Docker container. Sounds
like it would be easier to use the "automatic" database setup, but I'd
also like to understand how to use the CDN version.

-Jim

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 13:14:35 +0200

Hi Jim,

> also like to understand how to use the CDN version.

Using the .bin.tar.bz2 file is the fastest and easiest way forward, if it
is fresh.  I usually refresh it every Friday before a sprint (I'm building
a new one right now).

The .sql.gz file is pulled down by the docker/updatedb, and can be used to
update the database with the latest dump.  The .sql.gz file is newly dumped
every day, so in between sprints, it has newer contents than the .bin.tar.bz2
file.

So the .bin file is the best option on sprint days, the .sql file will give
you daily updates in between sprints.

Best regards,

	Henrik