Subject: [coman] New terminology section for LWIG and COMAN

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:57:35 +0200

I have submitted a new version of the LWIG guidance document, with a
new section 2 on terminology.  This tries to reflect the need for
clearer terminology that became apparent in the discussion we had
during the COMAN ad-hoc meeting at IETF 84. 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-guidance-02#section-2
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-guidance-02

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 12:56:25 +0200

> I'm looking forward to your comments.

This is useful, thanks for writing it down. 

I am not sure what the term "challenged network" really buys us. I did
not see the term "challenged network" actually used in RFC4838, but I
do understand that the DTN community used this term. My preference
would be to move the three bullets currently in 2.2.1 up to section
2.2. and to collapse 2.2.1 into a note that simply explains that the
term "challenged network" has been used for a certain subset of
constrained networks as part of the DTN work.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:05:51 +0200

> This is useful, thanks for writing it down. 

Thanks.

> constrained networks as part of the DTN work.

I was mostly trying to declare the really challenged networks out of scope and delegate to RFC 4838.
Apparently I'll need to clarify this.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:24:30 +0200

Hi Carsten,

the terminology section is very useful. It makes also sense if our document refers to draft-ietf-lwig-guidance concerning the terminology and network management sections but also for the technologies described.

Are you actually planning to describe the self-configuration of hosts in section 5.4., which I assume is an essential issue for constrained nodes.
I think the authors of draft-nieminen-core-service-discovery could help here.

Cheers, 
Mehmet 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext
> Carsten Bormann
> Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 3:06 PM
> To: Juergen Schoenwaelder
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [coman] New terminology section for LWIG and COMAN
> 
> _______________________________________________
> coman mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/coman